More Furlough Rumblings at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dooker

Despite assurances from our chief pilot during his recent long-recurrent schtick that pilot levels were stable through the end of the year, it appears the company is getting ready for another round of deep furloughs.

An extremely reliable source says the training department has been told to set aside a goodly number of additional slots beginning in September, and since we're not hiring, that can only mean one thing: beaucoup downgrades. This source further stated that the number of pilots idled could be as high as sixty, with the layoffs divided into three waves of twenty.

I'm also hearing that Waterview is bracing for a mid-August visit from one of the honchos from Montreal, and that can't be good news, either.

So thanks for nothing, Beaner.

Really hope it does not happen for you guys!!!

Good luck over the next few weeks FLEX guys. Keep you heads high regardless of what happens.

I thought the fall was going to get busy (relatively) and there should be no need for this. I guess things are still getting worse.

If they do furlough an additional 60 that would require major training events.

Another 60 from the bottom? Seems pretty harsh. How many more downgrades can there be? What's net cum these days... 70 airframes or so?

I'm hoping they're gearing up for a recall in Sept or Oct.

Another 60 from the bottom? Seems pretty harsh. How many more downgrades can there be? What's net cum these days... 70 airframes or so?

I'm hoping they're gearing up for a recall in Sept or Oct.

I just can't imagine them furlough even more right before the busy season. Recalls would be nice.

Ahhh, c'mon Dook. Give me some hope, will ya???

I'm not that far down from recall, and it seems like you have been relatively busy. It is summer, and the how goes it line seems to be about the same times as last summer, maybe even a little more.

If it is true, I gotta tell ya, there isn't crap out here for work.

Hung

I'm on the last day of six and five of my days are in excess of 12 hr days, with 4-5 legs a day. some of us are working a lot and that is very encouraging.

I'm on the last day of six and five of my days are in excess of 12 hr days, with 4-5 legs a day. some of us are working a lot and that is very encouraging.

I feel ya. I have been working my butt off. I have had 2 or 3 days of standby in the last couple of months and no home reserve. I would be surprised if they cut right before the busy time, but what the heck do I know. If there is another cut I am gone but I am not going to worry myself to death about it.

Latest resources

Back