• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Furlough Rumblings at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
way to go Bun. That's what we need more of. Step up and ask the man. Enough already with the rumors. You guys are all pessimists! Hell I just got an email asking for OT so I don't think furloughs are in the offing. Also one of our guys saw Globals in our colors. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I already referenced my bad mood earlier, so maybe I shouldn't say this but from what I see, waterview and standards captains account for more of the rumors and malicious gossip than any of the regular joes... My husband has been told more "hush hush don't say it was from me but..." from these guys than anyone else. We're even talking stuff about people's private family lives, not just "business" Why girls ever got the reputation for being gossipy back biting snipes should make anyone whose spent any time around pilots wonder...

Also TNs don't lie -- sure they can apply for reassignment but so much easier to just do it from the get go. If it doesn't have an FX on it, I'd say we need to be more worried about what you're smoking in that pipe...

But for the most part I agree with your sentiment so don't think I am attacking you personally.

Ding Ding Ding.... and the furloughed guy gets the gold bar for being most on target...

READ, or RE-READ the FOM revisions that came JUST last week regarding FOs as CAs and think for yourselves.

I betcha the training slots are to upgrade/checkride all remaining FOs to CAs as neccessary so Flex can get around the captain heavy seniority list costing that's costing them way too much $$. That way on any given day they are only paying 1/2 the pilots capt pay regardless of their seniority position... Expect the announcement you will be paid at your seat/position on any given day rate to be forthcoming...

Rumor has it the 60's and 45's are doubled captained on the majority of planes and it's happening quite a bit on the Challengers as well.

And you silly boys still don't think you need a union. Mark my words only the top 25% of each fleet will be safe from the the paycheck reduction scandal about to hit guys who have been here 4, 5,6 even 7 years...

At least it's not furloughs or permanenr downgrades... Congrats tho to FR on the slick move to make junior timers feel all good about becoming captains and staving off yet ANOTHER union drive.

I'm in a bad mood today -- make my day by disagreeing with the obvious.

EXACTLY! Captain goes to the highest seniority of the day. Pay cut for most involved. Saves money on training as well since CAFOs will surely be paid the FO rate while in training, even though being checked out as a CA.

But why would they need initial training slots for the CAFOs? Doesn't make sense. If a guy's typed, current and qualified in, say, a 45, as a captain, he doesn't need retraining.

You only need initial if you're new to an aircraft, or if you've been out of it for two years or more.

And for an FO to act as a captain, all he or she needs is a .299 ride, which can be done out on the line, right? No need for initial training slots to handle that.

Which brings us back to the original question. Why would the training center be told to reserve a bunch of initials?

I think theres going to be some moving around of guys in fleets. Especially out of the 60 fleet into others.

Then again maybe there all global training slots...that'd be schweet.

That way on any given day they are only paying 1/2 the pilots capt pay regardless of their seniority position... Expect the announcement you will be paid at your seat/position on any given day rate to be forthcoming...

I fear that this is exactly what they are up to. Fred Reid is the worst thing that has happened to this company. He has/is doing more damage than the economy has.

I fear that this is exactly what they are up to. Fred Reid is the worst thing that has happened to this company. He has/is doing more damage than the economy has.

I wonder how much his bonus was after he saved money by furloughing pilots.

Should be illegal, in fact where is the thread about crapping on someone's desk?

Why girls ever got the reputation for being gossipy back biting snipes should make anyone whose spent any time around pilots wonder...

You are correct about the rumor mill and pilots, but are you also not a girl spreading this gossip. I work here and have not heard anything about your speculations until you anonymously posted this hearsay for everyone else to worry about.

I betcha the training slots are to upgrade/checkride all remaining FOs to CAs as neccessary so Flex can get around the captain heavy seniority list costing that's costing them way too much $$. That way on any given day they are only paying 1/2 the pilots capt pay regardless of their seniority position... Expect the announcement you will be paid at your seat/position on any given day rate to be forthcoming...

You then say:
"As you can tell, I'm not a fan of the plan... Dishonesty and manipulation wrapped in a silver bow might as well be wrapped in dog poo for all it's worth."

What plan are you talking about? If you mean the imaginary plan that you developed on your own please keep it to yourself. There are too many people worried about real life happenings than your assumptions.

Latest resources

Back