• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately history says otherwise. I'm not aware of any pilot group that did not eventually succomb when pressured by their company for concessions. You may be the exception, but I doubt it because you guys already agreed to concessions in the form of furlough mitigation. They now know you are willing to yield to protect jobs. When they come calling again you'll give some more. I don't see anything about your pilot group to suggest you'll react any differently than any other pilot group that has been in your position.

I hope I'm wrong. Good luck.
Caveman,

Certainly time will tell, but our private boards tell a different story than yours. Everything I have been reading is that NJASAP is not interested, and honestly can not afford a concession. If concessions are even brought up, I will be the first on top of the perch screaming as loud as possible.

History has demonstrated over and over again that concessions do NOT save jobs.

More ramblings from an uninformed toolbag.
Seems like the Gen is a very envious individual.

I know of a former NJA owner that now flies the airlines. Though he doesnt want to, its a financially smart move (in his mind). I'm sure there are many more former owners doing the same.

I know of a former NJA owner that now flies the airlines. Though he doesnt want to, its a financially smart move (in his mind). I'm sure there are many more former owners doing the same.

Wow,
RLMAO
What earth shattering, stunning analysis.

I'm sure there are many more former owners doing the same.

I love your fact based opinion.
These passive-aggressive (GEnLEE) posts are pretty funny to read.
No wonder there is no lasting unity amongst pilots.:rolleyes:

Maybe include Marquis Card owners in that bunch. I doubt really wealthy individuals would ever change and leave fractional ownership - but I suspect public-company owners looking to cut costs may sell off shares and increase airline flying. You never know...

Any estimates on how many Netjets owners have defected to cheaper alternatives like Avantair or Executive AirShares?

Last edited:
Maybe include Marquis Card owners in that bunch. I doubt really wealthy individuals would ever change - but public-company owners looking to cut costs may sell off shares and move more flying to the airlines. Who knows?

Any estimates on how many Netjets owners have defected to cheaper alternatives like Avantair or Executive AirShares?

1 hundred million billion.
Include some of the Madoff crowd too.

I think General Lee makes a lot of sense. NetJets is a broken machine. You people need to accept that. The 900# gorilla is now on a diet. This will be interesting.

I guess that's why the Sunday after this past Thanksgiving was the biggest single day in the HISTORY of Netjets, last week was one of the three busiest Christmas weeks in the HISTORY of Netjets and this coming week's bookings are OFF the charts busy.

I guess that's why the Sunday after this past Thanksgiving was the biggest single day in the HISTORY of Netjets, last week was one of the three busiest Christmas weeks in the HISTORY of Netjets and this coming week's bookings are OFF the charts busy.

You can't tell much about a book by reading a couple pages here and there. To get the whole story you must read the whole book. Ever been to the mall the Sunday after Thanksgiving or the week before Christmas. Everybody is busy this time of year. It is the other 11 months out of the year that tell the whole story.

Hope you guys get back on track soon. Good luck

Last edited:
I guess it depends on how many turds start tripping over them selves to pick up extended days. Too many ME-Teamers could give the company ideas to cut further. Pilots are their own worst enemy

I guess it depends on how many turds start tripping over them selves to pick up extended days. Too many ME-Teamers could give the company ideas to cut further. Pilots are their own worst enemy

Which is why I will begin refusing overtime as of January 16.

Latest resources

Back