• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lighten up fella...clearly you don't appreciate the lost of art of sarcasm like I do. No harm intended.

Nervous? No, I just roll with the punches like everyone else. You won't see me engaging in the petty "my job is better than your job" banter that goes on here. I'm not foolish enough to think that we're immune to market fluctuations (obviously we aren't). I also have enough first hand knowledge of the business model to know we're not the shell game that some of the "knowledgeable" people here would have you believe. I personally don't expect things at NJA to get any worse than they are...long term, I'm sure we'll be just fine. I do however expect a fairly lengthy period of stagnation. Makes the 07 CBA that look that much better.

BTW...the expression is "Jaw dropping"

You are right, it is Jaw dropping. Santulli leaving abruptly is probably a hint at what is to come. He built the place and protected you guys, and the new guy doesn't seem to follow that.

I'd say it'll be 5 years before NJA hires again unless the economy picks up quickly. They need to become efficient (reduce fleet) and grow also after that. Looks like they are doing that. I think in 1 year we will begin to see some of the results of what Sokol is doing now.

.02 from someone on the street in a month.

Pilot772 was right.

Baja I hope you get to hang on to your job also!

Last edited:
[QUOTE
.02 from someone on the street in a month.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I am very, very sorry that any of us has to go through this. Here's hoping you're back on the line quickly, so that we can share a beer on an overnight!

When was the last time you had a picture menu on an airline? Sounds good to me, especially if the food comes out looking like the picture.

Virgin America a few weeks ago. I felt so much safer and comfortable looking at pretty pictures of food products, and almost felt as awesome as general lee.

Anyone else find it funny he felt the need to stress that the menu comes with pictures?

Only place I know that has pictures on the menu is McDonalds, or maybe even popeyes!

Thought that was strange too. Seriously, I'm pretty sure most people know what a Ribeye or Ceasar salad look like -- what difference would a picture make?

Riegel said he expects these aircraft–which he estimates number approximately 160–to sit idle for a few months before NetJets asks the owners to resume paying management fees or sell their shares. “Many will pull the plug,”

I don't think these owners are going to get the chance to pull the plug. Previously, it seemed that NJ ran it's business like a good-old-boys club, basically using a hand shake. Yes, the owners signed a contract, but if they needed out, they were let go. Now under the new command, I don't think this is an option (my opinion). If you signed a contract for "x" years, you must fulfill that obligation. I think in a few months these owners that were put on hold are going to start getting a friendly monthly bill again.

I just can't up a leave my cell phone carrier when ever I want and the same should be said for the owners.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back