• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I have been doing sit down Mexican food in T actually. You can get it to go too, which is pretty tasty, although we are fed very well on the INTL flights. We usually get a menu (with pictures) and get to choose a couple entres and when we want to eat it. The desserts are good too. It sure is fun doing those flights. They call INTL flying "the buffet all the way over to happy hour."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Anyone else find it funny he felt the need to stress that the menu comes with pictures?

Only place I know that has pictures on the menu is McDonalds, or maybe even popeyes!

I have friends at Netjets (can you believe it, I actually have FRIENDS) who say they have been doing a lot of "sit at home" trips lately, not even going out and sitting standby. Sure, you are busier during holidays, but the rest of the time you are way down on your flying. And, it might be ok with Santulli for that to happen, but now you have a guy that wants to cut the fat. That is the difference here. I am not glad you guys are in for a shock, far from it. I think it is terrible. We had the same thing happen and we lost a lot in BK. The key is that you cannot hide from change, and it is coming your way. The cushy days of salmon sandwiches ordered from a menu while at an FBO are OVER.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wrong again, as usual.
Nothing but rhetoric from a pompous self appointed industry expert too.
You have NO clue about what you post.
Maybe your friends have you set up as a stooge.
Bragging again though, some things never change.
You're special, GenLee
I'll bet you get a fresh portion of protein rich secret sauce with every first class meal you order.
Enjoy, Happy Holidays.

I am now dumber for having read this entire thread. General, You can't believe everything you read in the New York Times. The whiny former management types were spending millions of dollars to come up with such ground breaking ideas of square plates, liquor minis that don't fit in their cabinet, a paint stripe down the side of the airplane (looks like zoro on our Europe birds), a sky box at Ohio State, the same amount of VP's as Boeing even though we are 1/10 their size, scheduling where money is no object, sell offs that cost millions while NJA crews sit in pilot lounges I could go on and on. The new guy while savvy also has come in to streamline everything. In the long run that is very good for the company, and I'm hitting the street Jan 16th. As far as crew food it is an absolute necessity as has been stated we can't just stop at the McDonald's in the concourse. It is simply the price of doing business. Additionally, labor cost's are quite minimal in the grand scheme of the business model. As far as anaylists predictions they are nothing more than an educated guess and many times they have an agenda to promote. They are in no way privy to the inter workings or long term plans of the company going forward. If the company chooses to make them public they will make their own announcment. FWIW I have heard a decrease in aircraft that is MUCH smaller than what this guy predicts time will tell.

The funnier you get, the more nervous you look. It's ok, it will be over soon.

Lighten up fella...clearly you don't appreciate the lost of art of sarcasm like I do. No harm intended.

Nervous? No, I just roll with the punches like everyone else. You won't see me engaging in the petty "my job is better than your job" banter that goes on here. I'm not foolish enough to think that we're immune to market fluctuations (obviously we aren't). I also have enough first hand knowledge of the business model to know we're not the shell game that some of the "knowledgeable" people here would have you believe. I personally don't expect things at NJA to get any worse than they are...long term, I'm sure we'll be just fine. I do however expect a fairly lengthy period of stagnation. Makes the 07 CBA that look that much better.

BTW...the expression is "Jaw dropping"

Say what? I met my wife at a Buckhead disco and we danced all night all the way to bed. It was fantastic, and I then realized I woke up in her penthouse apartment. (her family had a large business in ATL) Been FANTASTIC ever since. Sure, I could have met someone not as rich and probably still have been happy, but I sure like Steak everynight instead of McDonalds..... I actually eat dinner with a fork most nights! I use a new razor each day, and my socks don't have holes in them. I feel great.

Bye Bye--General Lee

This website will help explain how this happens.

paragraphs are a good thing and enables you to convey your point better

Why? I'm not writing a column for the newspaper or a dissertation, simply relaying some facts. Half the people on here can't spell or use proper English. I can't figure out how so many pilots passed 5th grade spelling because I remember Lose was on the test. Most people on here spell it loose. :confused:

Anyone else find it funny he felt the need to stress that the menu comes with pictures?

Only place I know that has pictures on the menu is McDonalds, or maybe even popeyes!

When was the last time you had a picture menu on an airline? Sounds good to me, especially if the food comes out looking like the picture.

Latest resources

Back