Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilotmyf said:
Midwest is too dang cheap for:
1. COEX or AWAC ---- you guys are too expensive!!!!!

2. Shell out money for 25 a/c!!!!

15 a/c is a big difference from 25 a/c

well they requested a bid from us for 25 planes so i guess thats the number they feel they want, wouldnt you agree? To expensive - Where did you hear that? FlightInfo??? I guess we will see.

pilotmyf said:

We slapped down 125 mil for US Air. We got the money. And Eastshore just sold off stock in US Air. They definitely have the money to invest. Coincidence? Maybe. Time will tell.

pilotmyf said:

Well if we have 69 a/c sitting around doing nothing I bet we'd fly them at a loss to generate some sort of revenue instead of parking them.

It could be 25 airframes although that would be very unlikely. Keep in mind this is not United or Continental that is requesting bids. Midwest has 25 717’s with 88 seat and 12 MD-80s with 143 seats for a total of 3916 chairs at mainline. Add Skyway and you have 491 seats more for a total of 4407 system wide. If 25 RJs were added that would be an increase of 1250 or a 28% increase. Given the conservative history of Midwest and the management style of Tim, I would be shocked to see that many awarded to anyone.

I have not seen the Midwest company E mail that detailed to request, however I was under the impression that it was for ten aircraft. Any current Skyway guys see this? Even if Tim was drunk and decide to actually commit to such a large expansion of the route structure, I don’t think they would be able. Just look at MEH’s financials, they can’t afford the airline they run now. That is unless some regional is willing to invest a large amount of cash in the operation.

It will make for interesting politics between mainline pilots and who ever is awarded this flying. I was once accused of stealing mainline routes by an MD-80 pilot on a flight from MKE-MSN when I was a 1900 FO there a few years ago. I was speechless...how do you respond to that?

Finally, why does everyone on this thread assume that it would be MKE flying? Tim has been talking up MCI expansion in every press release the company has published regarding future route plans for the past few years. I think routes to west coast out of MCI with 10-15 airplanes is the most likely scenario. No dog in this fight, just my .02, and I have been wrong most of the time in the past. Best of luck to those who get the flying and to the bottom half of Skyways list.

ils2minimums said:
Maybe the 25 airplanes are intended to replace the ENTIRE Skyway fleet and just lease the whole commuter unit instead of owning it...

Replace a 1900 with a 50 seat RJ? MKE to ESC in a CRJ or145? Stranger things have happened in this business.

MEH has a history of selling things they own and leasing them back. For example: their DC-9s (when they had them) and the cookie palace (HQ). They are now attempting it with the MX hangers…notice the for sale signs in front. Leasing all of their feed is not out of the question.

Last edited:
Well we will see here very soon whats going to happen. We have 300 milliion in the bank that investors want us to do something with. So add that to the fire. Also we have been hearing MCI for a long time around here. It might get interesting here at XJET because there is a good chance we may pick up more than one more codeshare. On a side note the company just put out another perm bid and most junior capt award was to a 07/04 hire. We are going upgrading people like crazy, it kinda makes you wonder.

Time will tell.

Superpilot92 said:
Well we will see here very soon whats going to happen. We have 300 milliion in the bank that investors want us to do something with. So add that to the fire. Also we have been hearing MCI for a long time around here. It might get interesting here at XJET because there is a good chance we may pick up more than one more codeshare. On a side note the company just put out another perm bid and most junior capt award was to a 07/04 hire. We are going upgrading people like crazy, it kinda makes you wonder.

Time will tell.

Don't get too excited man. I don't want these guys looking at us like we looked at the CHQ guys when the 69 planes thing came out. At least we can stand on our laurels in that we have the highest paid contract, and that is is possible to attract new buisness with a good contract. Of course we may not get any new flying and be screwed!

Superpilot92 said:
On a side note the company just put out another perm bid and most junior capt award was to a 07/04 hire. We are going upgrading people like crazy, it kinda makes you wonder.

Just curious, once you upgrade will that make you a Super-Duper Pilot?????

Just a little humor, Try not to take this 15 or 25 or 69 aircraft stuff too seriously, I hate to see people getting worked up over things they cant control.

Cheers:beer:

Irony...

I was gone before the new contract actually went into place; does SYX have book rates for aircraft with over 32 seats? I can't remember.

Someone in the know, please post those.

Compare those to XJET, or anyone else.

If Midwest is truly putting this out for bid, I don't think XJET stands an ice cube's chance in h-e-l-l of winning the flying...Or Air Wisconsin, for that matter. Way too expensive. You are right, though, the citizens of the MKE airport lost the overflow lot so that AWAC could put its maintenance hangar there...it is a nice hangar, at least. But what the heck do I know.

Just as an aside; if you guys (Xjet) _DO_ happen to win that flying, can the entirety of flightinfo start bashing you guys for undercutting Skyway?

My heart goes out to the SYX folks; I don't think there's been true good news there in the last five years, really. Hopefully SYX gets the flying for themselves...

-brew3

We're not undercutting anyone. We have the best contract in the industry jacka$$. We are not whoring ourselves out to gain flying.

Latest resources

Back