Midwest looking for 50 seat A/C

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mav204

What is the deal about midwest looking for somone to operate 50 seat jets for them? Has any dates been published or a timeline on what they want to do?

To: All Midwest and Skyway Airlines Employees
Date: June 6, 2006
Subject: Regional Fleet Analysis

As you may know, Skyway has been actively seeking to purchase additional Fairchild 328 regional jets to move toward a one fleet type and improve operational efficiency. Recently, it has become clear that the cost of 32-seat 328s has been going up. At the same time, it appears that the cost of 50-seat regional jets has been going down.

We believe we may be able to add 50-seat regional jets to our network for close to the cost of additional 328s. These additional seats would growcapacity and improve business results by lowering our cost per available seat mile. In addition, 50-seat aircraft could open the door to new markets for our airline.

While our analysis to this point is incomplete and many details have yet to be explored, we have also decided to evaluate whether further cost savings could be achieved by using a third-party carrier to operate 50-seat regional jets. Plus, it may mean that we could add capacity and explore new markets much faster than by acquiring only additional 328s.

As I mentioned above, many questions remain unanswered. Potential vendors are being invited to submit proposals that will be evaluated to determine if we could obtain substantial savings with no reduction in quality. The evaluation process should be complete by the end of summer. Please be assured that you will be the first to know when we have more information."

So is Midwest looking for Skyway to get 50 seaters or are they looking for any regional to get 50 seat flying for them. I have heard rumors of Express Jet putting their 69 ERJs over there, anyone else?

xcr600 said:
So is Midwest looking for Skyway to get 50 seaters or are they looking for any regional to get 50 seat flying for them. I have heard rumors of Express Jet putting their 69 ERJs over there, anyone else?
I doubt they would need 69 airplanes

xcr600 said:

The letter from the CEO specifically states a 3rd party. And it wouldnt be all 69 if we did some of the flying being asked for. Our company has stated that the planes will be broken up for different companies or ventures. So it could happen that we place some XR's or LR's on some of the flying they are looking for. We will know here in the next few months i am sure.

Latest resources

Back