• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest looking for 50 seat A/C

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder if Air Wisconsin would enjoy getting some flying in Wisconsin again? Anyone know who all has bid on this flying or is it even up for bidding?

ZW wanting this flying shoudn't even be a question, MKE base? Most of the pilots would kill for a MKE base....MKE should have been a base instead of ORF!

Does Air Wiskey have planes available for usage? Maybe they could get some out of the sandbox, i guess we will see.

Superpilot92 said:
To: All Midwest and Skyway Airlines Employees
Date: June 6, 2006
Subject: Regional Fleet Analysis

As I mentioned above, many questions remain unanswered. Potential vendors are being invited to submit proposals that will be evaluated to determine if we could obtain substantial savings with no reduction in quality. The evaluation process should be complete by the end of summer. Please be assured that you will be the first to know when we have more information."

I guess you can count on Mesa not getting the flying!!

Mav204 said:
ZW wanting this flying shoudn't even be a question, MKE base? Most of the pilots would kill for a MKE base....MKE should have been a base instead of ORF!

I second that. MKE would be the most senior and hard to get base if they were to announce this. Plenty of CRJ's sitting out there to buy. Hopefully the senior team moves on this one.

SYX will not get the 50 seaters, we're farming out the work. 10 Jets here now, not getting any more. $hit loads of us(all 1900 drivers) currently looking for jobs because we're not renewing 1900 leases. All gone 1st quarter of 08. Keeping only 100ish on seniority list. Love the airlines. Good luck all.

Smoke 'em while ya got 'em KH

AWAC guys have said that if they are to get anymore aircraft they want the leases and the contract to be the same length of time; they don't want a 20 yr lease on aircraft and a 10 year contract with XYZ Airlines...don't want tobe in the same situation that they were in when UAL gave us the boot! Need to find a home for 70 aircraft!

I doubt that WAC will never fly for Midwest. Midwest would NEVER pay what it would cost to get carrier like AWAC. I am not even sure Midwest would pay Mesa rates. Midwest will always try to save a $1 even if it costs them $10. Midwest is so cheap that as far as I know Midwest still charging its own employees $13 per pass for a meal that they dont serve anymore. We will see.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back