Midwest looking for 50 seat A/C

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mckpickle said:
Don't get too excited man. I don't want these guys looking at us like we looked at the CHQ guys when the 69 planes thing came out. At least we can stand on our laurels in that we have the highest paid contract, and that is is possible to attract new buisness with a good contract. Of course we may not get any new flying and be screwed!

Umm... if you are talking about your pilot contract... you are not the highest paid. Decent Contract? Yes. Highest paid.. no.

n757st said:
Umm... if you are talking about your pilot contract... you are not the highest paid. Decent Contract? Yes. Highest paid.. no.

Thank you!

I suppose this is where we start comparing paychecks and whoever makes a dollar more wins the title. WHO GIVES A SH*T.

Whether Mesa wins this or Expressjet wins this it all adds up to the same thing. WAKE UP!!

PILOT CONTRACTS TO NOT MAKE OR BREAK who gets new business. There are an endless amount of variables that go into these things. Management has suceeded in brainwashing half of you into believing that you determine your on fate on how low your willing to go.

On another note....get some class guys. Do you really think Skyway guys are going to look at an Expressjet/AWAC guy diffrerently than they do a Mesa guy if this whole thing goes through. Do you really think by constantly repeating "We's Rich B*tch, we don't work for free so it's ok!!!" that they will find some comfort in that?

This whole thing is f*cked up, but fortunately for some and unfortunately for others none of us have any say in it. Let it play out.

Last edited:
I agree with avrodriver.

Pilot costs at the regional level DO NOT make a difference in whether a company can place a competitive bid or not. Aircraft payments/leases are a much larger piece of that puzzle, and a buck or even three per hour difference in hourly rates isn't a make-or-break deal. Besides, Midwest's standards of service are so high Mesa doesn't have a chance in this RFP. Not a dig on the pilot group, just stating facts.

All that being said, I seriously doubt anybody wants Skyway pilots to lose jobs over this. The RJ would almost have to be additionaly frequency for the 717s, replace or supplement the 328Js on high-load routes, or new market expansion.

Additional details released from AWAC:

Midwest is looking for 15-25 50 seat aircraft (inclusive of one spare).

Aircraft will operate from both Kansas City and Milwaukee.

Aircraft will also be doing some point to point service.

Will operate under the Midwest Connect brand which includes serving cookies.

Carrier selected will need to provide optimal service.

Operation will need to be self financed.

Bid is due by June 30th.

No deadline as to when results will be released.

Last edited:
We should know by the end of the summer/early fall as to what the analysis brings.

mckpickle said:
Don't get too excited man. I don't want these guys looking at us like we looked at the CHQ guys when the 69 planes thing came out. At least we can stand on our laurels in that we have the highest paid contract, and that is is possible to attract new buisness with a good contract. Of course we may not get any new flying and be screwed!
Why did CO reduce you guys in the first place?

Superpilot92 said:
well they requested a bid from us for 25 planes so i guess thats the number they feel they want, wouldnt you agree?

I have flown for two regionals, Comair and Skyway. While at Skyway, they discussed flying for Delta and United. At Comair they discussed flying with Northwest and United. The level of discussions varied but do you see my point?

BoilerUP said:
I agree with avrodriver.

Pilot costs at the regional level DO NOT make a difference in whether a company can place a competitive bid or not..

So than why have so many taken pay cuts or accepted sub-par contracts then?

pilotmyf said:
Why did CO reduce you guys in the first place?

To diversify the feed as well as reduce the number of RJ's flying the CAL brand. We are more expensive than other carriers. But do those other carriers offer a 99.92-.97% completion factor?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back