• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest looking for 50 seat A/C

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this summer is the the time line... will know in a few month or should say they might already know.... you know midwest ....

How can DOjets be more expensive than CRJs? There are at least 50 Do328 jets in ACA colors parked in Myrtle Beach. I bet Skyway could get them for a song.

... and this is just hear-say. the jets sitting down in myr for a while, on the beach, where there is a lot of salt water... ya get the point, lots of corrosion. some private company bought 3 of them, and went to have them brought up to date on inspections and see the repairs that they needed said they were POS'. i heard they called the company back that sold the planes to them and said they wanted their money back since they were in such bad shape.

plus when you are trying to buy them for 50 cents each... its hard for the company to sell them for this little. Plus i dont know what they look like on the inside, they would have to configure with 32 brown leather seats, cookie oven and whatnot... so midwest is trying to get them for free since they have to do so much to them, and the place does not want to seel them for nothing.

Last edited:
dwstl2327 said:
... and this is just hear-say. the jets sitting down in myr for a while, on the beach, where there is a lot of salt water... ya get the point, lots of corrosion. some private company bought 3 of them, and went to have them brought up to date on inspections and see the repairs that they needed said they were POS'. i heard they called the company back that sold the planes to them and said they wanted their money back since they were in such bad shape.

Doh!

I think that Midwest is looking for a quality product and not the cheapest contract.....no-go for Mesa...Sorry

lets hope so on the no-go for mesa. and whoever they get (if anyone) if they dont have enough pilots, i hope they offer us some interviews

The leaseholder on those dorkjets sent them all to myrtle and is PRAYING for a CAT V hurricane to sweep them out to sea!!!

dwstl2327 said:
lets hope so on the no-go for mesa. and whoever they get (if anyone) if they dont have enough pilots, i hope they offer us some interviews

You can bet on getting preferential hiring if XJT gets the flying. We are very good about helping others out when needed. Just ask the Chicago Express, FLYI, Mesaba people who are here.

Where do YX/SYX expect to put these 50 seaters? A t-prop is the perfect plane for their WI/MI route structure. Jets are a waste of gas for those flights. Unless YX intends to continue farming out flights to SYX, 50 seaters just doughnut make any sense.

Back in the day when I worked for YX, I never nonreved mainline because it cost me $$. I could always fly SYX, AT or USairways for free. Sucks to have to pay to fly on your own airline.

The leaseholder on those dorkjets sent them all to myrtle and is PRAYING for a CAT V hurricane to sweep them out to sea!!!

Thats funny!

A t-prop is the perfect plane for their WI/MI route structure. Jets are a waste of gas for those flights.

I wondered the same thing..

Latest resources

Back