• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

mesaba flow up and down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Mesaba MEC has been in negotiations with the NWA MEC for the last couple of months. They are definitely involved in this process. The details are still being worked out.

this deal will contain pros and cons, during the road shows we will be given the info and see how that pans out. What I have heard is that like compass if a pilot decides not to flow, he or she is locked in, and any flow downs go behind him on the list. Thats just rumor. i WILL WAIT TO SEE A ROAD SHOW TO PASS JUDGEMENT, BUT MY FIRST LOOK SEEMS TO BE POSITIVE

Mesaba senior captains need not apply, however you 7-10 year saab FO's with NO PIC time you start next Friday.

Or, if you're a management tool like YourPilotFriend, expect to get fired when you can't complete the schedule this Summer.

The Dairy Queen in Eagan is hiring...so your "safety" job is a GO!

The Mesaba MEC has been in negotiations with the NWA MEC for the last couple of months. They are definitely involved in this process. The details are still being worked out.

What I'm saying is - when this gets taken to management, will Mesaba have a seat at that table to represent their pilots or is the Northwest MEC going to negotiate the terms of this flow through with managment by themselves?

Since the NWA MEC unilaterally diverted growth from Mesaba for a $15 million dollar bargaining credit, do you think it's important for someone from Mesaba to be sitting in that room - you know, representing your interests?

There will be NO flow through unless Mesaba MEC accepts it. They may not write it, only make requests but in the end, our MEC has the final say to go or no go. Like before, when our MEC rejected the flow through seven years ago. Our MEC didn't accept the final lang., therefore no flow. To those that are so skepticle, I know we are jaded, but relax. If you don't want to go you will be locked in senior, no one will flow back senior to you. You may not like our MEC but they could have benifited from the old flow offer but turned it down because it did not benifit the entire group, only the super senior. Our MEC hasn't done everything the way I would like it but in the end they have done preety well considering what we have faced(criminals). I am sure they are working on this for our benefit as hard as possible. Yes I know it is not in stone but like others have said, if you don't want to go, don't, I'm sure its no skin of NWA back. No one will come back above you.:beer:

Last edited:
From what I understand, a third airlink was a long time comming. atleast with this arrangement ... NWA pilots have some control and we (the other links) avoid outside companies ... for now. It's easier to talk about falling on one own sword than actually doing.

There will be NO flow through unless Mesaba MEC accepts it. They may not write it, only make requests but in the end, our MEC has the final say to go or no go. Like before, when our MEC rejected the flow through seven years ago. Our MEC didn't accept the final lang., therefore no flow. To those that are so skepticle, I know we are jaded, but relax. If you don't want to go you will be locked in senior, no one will flow back senior to you. You may not like our MEC but they could have benifited from the old flow offer but turned it down because it did not benifit the entire group, only the super senior. Our MEC hasn't done everything the way I would like it but in the end they have done preety well considering what we have faced(criminals). I am sure they are working on this for our benefit as hard as possible. Yes I know it is not in stone but like others have said, if you don't want to go, don't, I'm sure its no skin of NWA back. No one will come back above you.:beer:
The NWA MEC has allowed the mesaba MEC to participate in this deal to seek favorable terms for mesaba pilots. However, it will ultimately be the decision of NWA management and the NWA MEC on the terms of the deal. The Mesaba MEC will not have the ability to stop the deal from happening.

The NWA MEC has allowed the mesaba MEC to participate in this deal to seek favorable terms for mesaba pilots. However, it will ultimately be the decision of NWA management and the NWA MEC on the terms of the deal. The Mesaba MEC will not have the ability to stop the deal from happening.

So, if I get what you're saying, My MEC cannot control whether or not pilots from another pilot list can flow down? That seems highly suspect. What do you base that statement on?

So, if I get what you're saying, My MEC cannot control whether or not pilots from another pilot list can flow down? That seems highly suspect. What do you base that statement on?
Being owned by NWA means you fall under the terms of the 76 jet contract between NWA and NWAALPA. You can't operate the CRJ 900 unless it complies with the scope agreement set out in the NWA pilot contract.

Latest resources

Back