• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

mesaba flow up and down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Mesaba MEC will not have the ability to stop the deal from happening.

I thought about ten pages of educating you on our contract but instead I will make it simple. YOU WRONG! There will be no adjustments to our seniority list, EVER, unless the OUR MEC approves it.:uzi:

To repeat: Only if the Northwest MEC determines the deliveries to Mesaba should be scuttled.

Think about that. (I won't spell it out on this Forum)

It might be in Northwest pilot's best interests to see those hulls at Mesaba instead of elsewhere.

'Nuff said.

You make it sound like Mesaba members are being whipsawed by ALPA using the CL-900s and the promise of a few seats at mainline someday as bait to secure furlough protection for the mainliners. Hedging your bets if Compass is sold?

I think it's fundamentally wrong for ALPA members to negotiate provisions that make the junior pilots of their sister airline your furlough fodder.

If the Mesaba pilots balk, you just move on to Big Sky or Pinnacle with the deal and like management, you know you only need 50% plus 1 to pull this off.

I guess the NWA MEC isn't going to be filing that PID anytime soon.

You make it sound like Mesaba members are being whipsawed by ALPA using the CL-900s and the promise of a few seats at mainline someday as bait to secure furlough protection for the mainliners. Hedging your bets if Compass is sold?

Huh? Talk about reverse sensing! Your irrepressible cynicism is noted. No wonder your puppy wouldn't play with you.

I think it's fundamentally wrong for ALPA members to negotiate provisions that make the junior pilots of their sister airline your furlough fodder.

Noted, without surprise. I think it's fundamentally right for a mainline MEC to assist in obtaining something that is valued by an Airlink MEC. I agree with you 100% that you see it differently...and for that, I am profoundly grateful. I hope I never view improvements and opportunites for my Airlink brothers through the same bile-colored prism you seem to use.

I guess the NWA MEC isn't going to be filing that PID anytime soon.

You might be right. Time to send another check to your lawyer!

I think it's fundamentally right for a mainline MEC to assist in obtaining something that is valued by an Airlink MEC.

If I'm understanding this so far - if Mesaba votes down the flow through, they lose the
CL-900s. How is that not whipsaw by their own union?

I hope I never view improvements and opportunites for my Airlink brothers through the same bile-colored prism you seem to use.

You want to talk about a bile-colored prism, ask an Eagle pilot about their flow through to American. We have a number of Eagle pilots at Comair now.

Last edited:
If I'm understanding this so far - if Mesaba votes down the flow through, they lose the
CL-900s. How is that not whipsaw by their own union?

Your understanding if incorrect, that's how.

How the Mesaba MEC rules on the issue of the flow thru has no impact on the status of the -900's. The status of those jets depends on how the Northwest MEC would respond to a "veto" by the Mesaba MEC. As I posted earlier, it might be in their strategic interests to quash the grievance with the flow thru in abeyance.

You want to talk about a bile-colored prism, ask an Eagle pilot about their flow through to American.

I read on the internet that the Mesaba/Northwest flow thru was done by parties other than American and Eagle. Can you confirm? Rumor has it the deal is structured differently.

We have a number of Eagle pilots at Comair now.

We have a number of Eagle pilots at Northwest too. Do you have a point?

I read on the internet that the Mesaba/Northwest flow thru was done by parties other than American and Eagle.

Occam, you must not have gotten the memo: the only accurate source of information on all matters aviation is the RJDC website. You should know better by now. ;)

Do you have a point?

He usually doesn't, but that's never stopped him before.

How the Mesaba MEC rules on the issue of the flow thru has no impact on the status of the -900's. The status of those jets depends on how the Northwest MEC would respond to a "veto" by the Mesaba MEC.

Can you explain how these two sentences aren't contradictory? Whether those CL-65-900s go to Mesaba or not depends on Mesaba taking the flow through - yes? ALPA is therefore whipsawing Mesaba pilots with airframes to get furlough protection for the mainliners.

We have a number of Eagle pilots at Northwest too. Do you have a point?

The point is that those Eagle pilots at Northwest and Comair aren't at American and they're not waiting to flow to American.

Back in the day when Eagle and Continental Express both had flow through agreements, their attrition rates were greater than that of Comair. If flow through is the career advancement vehicle you want us to believe it is, how do you account for that?

Turning junior pilots at another airline into your furlough fodder by witholding flying if they don't acquiesce has no place in a union. In other words, when mainline MECs conspire with management and start deriving a perceived benefit from alter egos, it's over - the union is mortally wounded.

Latest resources

Back