• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

mesaba flow up and down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm no ALPA guru, but wouldn't MSA be required to amend it's contract to allow other pilots on our list before anything can happen? And if so, the ammending won't come from Dougie, Prater, Spongie, or anyone but me and my XJ-types.

Again, I'm not an ALPA guru, so if anyone with insight would care to add to the conversation. . . .

Well according to ALPA boards, KP says it's all between NWA and NWAALPA. MES is simply being advised. It sounds like you're right, YPF.

I guess I thought this would require some change on the MES end as well. Why not?

Last edited:
So, if I get what you're saying, My MEC cannot control whether or not pilots from another pilot list can flow down? That seems highly suspect. What do you base that statement on?

Ignore YPF. He's a lower-level management stooge. You already have a contract, and it can't be altered unilaterally by the NWA MEC or NWA management. You and your MEC most certainly do have a say.

However, it will ultimately be the decision of NWA management and the NWA MEC on the terms of the deal. The Mesaba MEC will not have the ability to stop the deal from happening.

The Mesaba pilot group does have a veto. Their job protection language forbids any type of "flow back" that is more than putting a flow back in as a new hire. This veto comes at a price though. Should they excercise it they will lose the -900's.

Tough decision.

PCL is correct. YPF is clueless on the terms. The specifics of the flow thru were and are being done with the participation of Tom W. and the MSA MEC.

If they want changes to the details, they'll be done. When we worked on the last flow thru deal, the two MEC's operated hand-in-hand on the terms...hence the final rejection of that deal when NWA management refused to delete a key element in the terms ("cherry-picking") that the Mesaba MEC could not abide.

I'm sure it angers the RJDC stooges to see a mainline MEC cooperating on mutually-beneficial agreements with it's wholly-owned Airlinks...but it happens. So happy ulcers, losers!

What I have heard is that like compass if a pilot decides not to flow, he or she is locked in, and any flow downs go behind him on the list. Thats just rumor. i WILL WAIT TO SEE A ROAD SHOW TO PASS JUDGEMENT, BUT MY FIRST LOOK SEEMS TO BE POSITIVE

I don't beleive there is any type "super senority" provision for the Compass pilots. American Eagle had this but I think that was the only flow through that included language like this.

The Mesaba pilot group does have a veto. Their job protection language forbids any type of "flow back" that is more than putting a flow back in as a new hire. This veto comes at a price though. Should they excercise it they will lose the -900's.

Incorrect. The ability to operate the -900's rests with the NWA MEC's ratification of the deal...even if it doesn't include a "flow down".

If the Mesaba MEC rejects the terms, the issue goes back to the Northwest MEC to see if they can live with the -900's as replacements for the Avros without "flow down" language.

Incorrect. The ability to operate the -900's rests with the NWA MEC's ratification of the deal...even if it doesn't include a "flow down".

If the Mesaba MEC rejects the terms, the issue goes back to the Northwest MEC to see if they can live with the -900's as replacements for the Avros without "flow down" language.

True....the loss of those airframes is a potential consequence of scuttling the deal though.

To repeat: Only if the Northwest MEC determines the deliveries to Mesaba should be scuttled.

Think about that. (I won't spell it out on this Forum)

It might be in Northwest pilot's best interests to see those hulls at Mesaba instead of elsewhere.

'Nuff said.

Or, if you're a management tool like YourPilotFriend, expect to get fired when you can't complete the schedule this Summer.

The Dairy Queen in Eagan is hiring...so your "safety" job is a GO!

FYI, the Eagan DQ is not hiring, but is accepting resumes. The manager says the DQ in the Phillips neighborhood Minneapolis has cashier positions available, and no experience required.

And now the union is saying there probably will need to be an LOA - as I suspected.

Latest resources

Back