• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba..CPTs Off The Street!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I had the time, or if I cared, this would be the point I would repost all the "don't let anyone you care about ride on pinnacle because they have low time pilots and street captains" crap that has been posted in the past couple years.

"It's not yer flyin', it's yer attitude...";)

What are the chances of getting the base you want as a new hire captain in the Saab? I fly turbo props now, I would think that the Saab should be an easy transition. I'm not looking to commute though.

What are the chances of getting the base you want as a new hire captain in the Saab? I fly turbo props now, I would think that the Saab should be an easy transition. I'm not looking to commute though.

What base are you shooting for bro?

I'd only be intrested in DTW

They're hiring for DTW. If you dont get it right off the bat I'm sure that you would be able to get DTW quick though. MEM and DTW are junior bases.

So do they do their training in MSP? I read earlier that they do pay you durring training, but don't pay per diam, but do they provide housing?

So do they do their training in MSP? I read earlier that they do pay you durring training, but don't pay per diam, but do they provide housing?

Yeah it's in MSP, I was told that they use sims in STL. They do provide housing, single occupancy hotel to be exact. Are you trying to go for a PIC position?

Get yer app in, if you're interested.

DTW is the junior Saab base, so it's pretty darn likely that's where they'll put Street Captains.

You are hired on day one, with ID. You get paid 75 hr guarantee during training. Paid hotel (single room). No per diem for initial training. Heath bennies on day one of month following your hire month.

Get yer app in, if you're interested.

DTW is the junior Saab base, so it's pretty darn likely that's where they'll put Street Captains.

You are hired on day one, with ID. You get paid 75 hr guarantee during training. Paid hotel (single room). No per diem for initial training. Heath bennies on day one of month following your hire month.

Hey bud can you tell me if they plan to pay us the 75hr guarantee at 23hr or the 43hr captain pay? Also how do the flight bennies work with you guys? do we (family and parents) get them from day one? Thanx

Yeah it's in MSP, I was told that they use sims in STL. They do provide housing, single occupancy hotel to be exact. Are you trying to go for a PIC position?

Yeah, I'd be going for Captain. I'm a Captain now where I'm at, so I'd have absolutely no interest in being a Saab FO. Not to mention I couldn't live off FO pay for more than a few months. I'm still not sure if I want to work for the regionals at all, seems like an awful lot of people there really hate their jobs. Plus it'd be a pretty substantial pay cut from what I make now. But I'm thinking maybe the QOL is better, and maybe alot of these guys don't know how bad they could have it. Anyone have an idea how long you'd have to sit on reserve as a new hire captain?

Also I really have no idea what life is like at the regionals, I don't know anyone working for one. What's daily life like at Mesaba?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back