Mesaba..CPTs Off The Street!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Texx

Company:Mesaba Airlines Position:Regional Airline Captain Position Type:Flight Crew Location:Locations vary - Please Select - Salary:N/A
Description:Mesaba Airlines - Captain position. Provide a safe, economical, legal operation of company aircraft as a flight crew member. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1.Maintains a current company manual with all revisions. 2.Will be highly knowledgeable on the contents of the Flight Operations Manual, FAR’s, and AIM. 3.Will conform to standards set forth in company policies. 4.Coordinates with Dispatch and Maintenance to assure safe, reliable operations during times of adverse weather, or aircraft malfunctions. 5.Act as Pilot in Command during all phases of flight and ground operations dealing with the aircraft. 6.Maintain currency in specific aircraft. 7.Perform other duties as assigned. ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS Minimum Education and/or Experience Required: High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of 2000 total fixed wing time 500 multi engine hours, First Class medical valid within last 6 months. Must have good oral and written skills. To apply, please visit our application link attached or visit our career section at www.mesaba.com.

tbe.taleo.net/NA6/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MESABA&cws=1&rid=329

SF-340 $43
CRJ $55

The contract seems to lift seats locks aircraft by aircraft (if anyone reads it otherwise, please speak up!)

Therefore, if Street Captains come to the Saab, anyone on property prevented from bidding SF3 CA by a seat lock must be released (a handful of jet FO's).

I don't believe any SF3 CA's have to be released from seat lock until the prospect of Jet Street Captains hits us. That very well might visit us soon, but I think there are plenty of guys in the 100-400 range who aren't really held by a seat lock and can fill a few or more jet vacancies. I'm just guessing on this, though.

Must have 2000 total hours and 500 multi.

Ok...that's just scary.

If I had the time, or if I cared, this would be the point I would repost all the "don't let anyone you care about ride on pinnacle because they have low time pilots and street captains" crap that has been posted in the past couple years.

Must have 2000 total hours and 500 multi.

Ok...that's just scary.

Mesa hired DHC-8 street CA's that had 1510hrs TT and had flown nothing bigger than a seminole and/or Baron. Some acted as though they were owed nothing less. It's all relative I guess...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back