• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MDA Arbitration update???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"This is MEC Chairman Bill Pollock with a US Airways MEC update for Friday, November 18th, with two new items.

Item 1. I am disappointed to report that Arbitrator Krinsky’s decision in the Wexford/Republic grievance has upheld the Company’s position that the sale of MDA was an Aircraft Sales Event and not a Change of Control or an MDA Affiliate Event as argued by the Association. As such, vacancies at Republic will continue to be filled using the 50 percent Jets for Jobs provisions."

It means that USAir sold the airplanes out from under the 350 MDA pilots.

175 of them will be offered jobs in accordance with J4J.

The other 175 will be re-furloughed... again.

Sad.

When are the 175 furloughed? Know that the first group went Nov 1 how about the second and third groups?

How on earth did MDA need 322 pilots to staff 25 airplanes? Using the usual 10:1 ratio, I'd expect there to be around 250 pilots... Not well over 300.

Just going by the number shown in an online article about their lawsuit. 322 was the number I saw.

I believe the number peaked around 300 some time ago, with a fair amount of excess in anticipation of further deliveries that sadly never came. Round two of bancruptcy obviously brought deliveries and further hiring (flowing-thru really) to a screeching halt. There has been a significant amount of attrition since then, and I have no idea what the current number is, nor can I venture a guess as to how many would be interested in J4J.

Whats up with this?

Well, it is normally 5-1 so the above poster is correct at 250. But, if 150 are getting to move with the aircraft, does this mean that the rest have to be hired off the street?? Someone has to fill those seats. Are there enough additional pilots at the carrier that bought them to fill them or are they having to lay off pilots because of the 150 that are coming over?? If not, it seems that they all should be allowed to go.

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this situation, as you can see.

Latest resources

Back