MDA Arbitration update???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PHXFLYR said:
Care to clarify that statement a bit? I have a good friend who was a Dash 8 Capt at Piedmont and was on something called the CEL list He flowed thru to
MDA and is now an E170 F/O. Does he have an actual USAirways senority number or does he have just an MDA senority number? Thanks for the clarification.
PHXFLYR:cool:

As stated, he has both. He is, a US Airways Pilot. He will be part of the AW/U merger. All CEL pilots who flowed to U are now U Pilots

How can he be a USAir pilot if he never actually flew for USAir, but 2 of the wholly owned subsideries instead ??

Last edited:
PHXFLYR said:
How can he be a USAir pilot if he never actually flew for USAir, but 2 of the wholly owned subsideries instead ??

Because MidAtlantic never existed, he was in fact flying for USAir.

j-3 said:
Because MidAtlantic never existed, he was in fact flying for USAir.

Let me clear it up! MDA are a bunch of whiny a$$es, who think they're better than everyone else. They also believe that they are "entitled" to other carriers seniority list. It's about time they get a rude awakening!

ALL OR NONE!!! (Yea, keep up that attitude and let's see where it get's you)

PHXFLYR said:

*sigh*

As stated...and this was proclaimed by JG in the recent arbitration...MDA is US Airways.

Also, by AAA ALPA proclamation in eaarly Nov

T8

trainer8 said:
Incorrect. MDA is ....erh, ah.....was a Division of US Airways, operated on the AAA Ops certificate by US Airways pilots. All pilots on the property are on the US Airways Seniority list, regardless of their airline of origin. They have average a combined (Capt/FO) experience level of 30 years in Airline aviation and average 15,000 hours flight experience.

Not uncommon on these message boards. Glad I could set you straight.

Thanks for the information. It was information handed down to me that I thaught was right. I guess when information is handed down from person to person it gets twisted in one form or another.

If your coming over to Repubic welcome aboard!!!! Sorry to here about the outcome of your arbitration. As a Shuttle Saab Pilot I understand the disappointment and anger you must be feeling!!!

Good luck!!!

kngarthur said:
Let me clear it up! MDA are a bunch of whiny a$$es, who think they're better than everyone else. They also believe that they are "entitled" to other carriers seniority list. It's about time they get a rude awakening!

ALL OR NONE!!! (Yea, keep up that attitude and let's see where it get's you)

"ALPA and USAIR conspired to dupe pilots into accepting lower pay and benefits by portraying MidAtlantic as a separate entity."

No pilot is "entitled" to other carriers seniority list. Pilots are entitled to a labor contract (LOA 91).

Kngarthur, don’t worry, management prevailed again, one more contract tossed in the trash.

I wish you the best, just hope when it is your turn to fight for your contract you prevail.

Airline Driver said:
I am a Shuttle America Saab Driver, who can sympathize with your anger and frustration with the whole endeavor. All 86 Saab pilots got screwed TOO!!!!!!

Bunch of pissed off first officers over here too, so if the definition of success in an arbitration is anger on both sides, then I guess the arbitrator got it about right.

Latest resources

Back