Look before you leap, NJASAP!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...been a long day.

Whether it was thrown under the bus or sold down the river, the Teamsters did not do any pilots a favor by organizing what was clearly a union busting operation. Good luck to the NJ pilots and F-the IBT!

I think the age 60 ruling was a perfect example of why independents are NOT potent in the area of public policy/law. As I watched the age 60 rule unfold, SWAPA was totally powerless until ALPA got involved.

Funny how two people can see the same event and come away with such different views!

I guess that's what keeps Flightinfo.com a lively place.

DEAD WRONG!!!! Alpa put out a vote and it returned with a small majority in favor of keeping age 60 (I voted to keep it). Once ALPAs board realized they were powerless to keep age 60 they switched their position to help write the rules. It was going thru with or without ALPO.

ALPAs greed is running away. One example, the board voted to change the way they were payed after 911 so they would not fall victim to the paycuts and the list goes on and on. ALPA is done.

...been a long day.

Whether it was thrown under the bus or sold down the river, the Teamsters did not do any pilots a favor by organizing what was clearly a union busting operation. Good luck to the NJ pilots and F-the IBT!

'Jackson, UG was just teasing; we definitely got your message. Thanks for taking the time to post even after a long day and thanks for your support. :) I can't imagine that the NJ pilots would elect to remain with the IBT, especially after Hoffa's letter to the pilotgroup. To give you just one example among many aggravating ones...Hoffa gave credit for the 2007 IBB contract to the Teamsters when the national wasn't even aware that negotiations were taking place. (bet 1108 would have heard from them if the dues were late) Then after learning of the NJ pilots' success they failed to give them even one word of credit/congratulations in their monthly magazine... :mad:

I was interested to read that "the strong 2005 CBA was the first contract for the NJ pilots" (paraphrased). Hardly! While it may be quite accurate to say it was the first strong contract they had acquired (due entirely to the pilots' efforts only), the NJ pilots had been working under a contract for years...:rolleyes:

Regarding the question of whether to leave the IBT, or not, let me put it this way: How many of you guys would keep dating a woman who couldn't pick you out in a crowd, and had such little interest in the relationship that she didn't bother to remember basic facts about you?

Those who refuse to give credit where it is due should be given the boot

Last edited:
Regarding the question of whether to leave the IBT, or not, let me put it this way: How many of you guys would keep dating a woman who couldn't pick you out in a crowd, and had such little interest in the relationship that she didn't bother to remember basic facts about you?

Is she hot (or at least easy?) :D

Card is in!

In the 80's IBT had a flight department and that's the closest the've come to knowing anything about aviation.

I will Drink Griz and Bill O's Koolaid all day. Teamsters need to go asap!

NJAPLT, I should have put a disclaimer in my post. Better late than never....Those of you with low standards and high testosterone levels are exempt from participating in the survey...:p

The rest of you need to put your boots on. ;) NJASAP (SU2) needs you to sign and mail those cards in while spreading the word. Those of you who helped vacate 284 please reassure the new guys that the future is brighter on the other side.
Thanks,
NJW

With all the shenanigans the Teamsters have been up to this week, we probably will have the card drive completed in the next 7-10 days. Seeing as we only launched this thing on March 17th, we're pleased with the support we're getting from the pilots.

Last edited:
Agreed, if the present rate continues. I'm personally hoping the NJ pilots will hit the 85% mark, though. Yes, guys, I'm being optimistic again, but to me it's an easy decision. Are you going home with the foul-mouthed broad who can't remember your name or are you gonna dance with the good-looker who brought you to the present (IBB) celebration party?

In light of the recent shenanigans, it's time to keep up your heels and make a fuss. Flood the mailbox...:cool:

The NJ pilots are ready to solo. On the other hand, being in the IBT is the best option for the FltOps pilots right now.

You never stop with the insults and doublespeak.

You basically say that the Flight Options pilots need national help and the NJ pilots don't.

You advocate that NJ pilots bail out on IBT and leave the Flight Options pilots in the middle of critical negotiations.

You advocate solidarity in the industry, yet support splitting NJ pilots into an in-house union where it is well known that NJ is for the most part the loudest voice in the industry.

You support 1108 and the IBT, then once the contract is done you support splitting the relationship because IBT is too expensive and 1108 gets nothing out of it.

You can add this to the ever famous insulting doublespeak previously documented as:
  • The insults to all non-pilot employees about them not investing properly in thier careers by not being pilots.
  • Your husband gets paid for "volunteering" for the union and not flying revenue for NJ.
It goes on and on. Insult after insult of people that are innocent bystanders. People like you just don't get it.

I have core basic values when it come to by union dislikes. One of the biggest is the ongoing and never ending turmoil caused by the existence of unions. Once again NJW, you make my case for me.

RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Get back in your hole, B.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back