• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Look before you leap, NJASAP!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry 'bout that stench, Cap'n. It happens every time the word-twister slithers across the deck...:erm: Ya see, it leaves a trail of slimy fud.

Arrr mateys...best ta pull on yer boots boys...it's gettin' deep around here. Until the Options crew lands their contract the word-twisters and fudspinners are gonna lie in wait hoping to attack the weak and unwary. Arm yourselves with reality me hearties and give 'em the boot!

“$3000 per day! That's what we send to IBT, day in - day out. Every day that we delay, we just add to the coffers in DC.”
NJASAP Leadership
Wait just a minute, folks.

Before we join the ranks of dis-organized labor, let’s slow down and consider something other than our own parochial interests. While it’s easy to say that we are sending $3000 a day out of our direct control, it may be a little rash to say that we receive no benefit. The IBT has many locals and many concerns. It is fighting for the wages and working conditions of more than just 1108. While we may not see our $3000 per day working within our own walls, it would not be true to say that we’ve received no benefit.

A juggernaut is rolling down the streets paved by organized labor. This juggernaut’s siren-call is “keep your money in-house and fight your own battles!”

This call is reverberating throughout the airline industry, and I suppose elsewhere as well.
Before we further fragment labor we need to carefully analyze if our long term goals are really best served by disassociating ourselves from organized labor. Are we succumbing to the allure of short term goals by sacrificing long term strength and labor solidarity?

When the ALPA represented the majority of airline pilots, the APA and then the SWAPA gleefully pulled the plug and saved themselves a bundle by “going it alone”. For awhile this worked, but as more and more airlines are dropping ALPA, its strength has been sapped and we are seeing labor falling further and further behind in political strength and having fewer and fewer friendly courts.

Is it a mystery why the 121 guys are making less than 50% of what they were making a few years ago? It took the ALPA years to build the political base it enjoyed, but it took only eight years for it to become impotent.

Ladies and gentlemen, we do not operate in a labor-management world of our own, long-term. Yes, today, we are enjoying the fruits of a management that cares about the company, the customers and the employees. We really don’t need anything but a loose association to represent us. However, when RTS is dead, gone and forgotten and the “money boys” come, just as they did to USAir, Emory, United, Delta…who will we turn to when we need some horsepower? Ourselves? Try those “strong union” tactics against a vicious management backed by courts staffed and paid for by big business! Watch the injunctions come down and the individual pilots fired. Watch the bankruptcy court take everything you’ve worked a career for! Ask me how I know.

Think our little union is tough? Ha!

When the NetJets’ pilot scope clause is violated and foreign pilots are flying “our” planes because cabotage is pushed through, will the IBT be there when we need some “big guns”?

Is the IBT ideal? NO! Is the ALPA a panacea? NO! Do they need to change? Yes? Are we going to change them by going it on our own? NO!

Before we throw out what has taken years to build, let us look before we leap! If Bill Olsen wants to start a new national union of pilots that will include every pilot who earns his living by flying, this may be a great first step. ALPA’s formula is badly broken; the IBT maybe worse. But if Bill Olsen is merely trying to save $3000 per day by abandoning organized labor, he had better think before he leads his trusting sheep over the precipice.

Don't send in your card then.....your vote will then be heard

Sorry 'bout that stench, Cap'n. It happens every time the word-twister slithers across the deck...:erm: Ya see, it leaves a trail of slimy fud.

Arrr mateys...best ta pull on yer boots boys...it's gettin' deep around here. Until the Options crew lands their contract the word-twisters and fudspinners are gonna lie in wait hoping to attack the weak and unwary. Arm yourselves with reality me hearties and give 'em the boot!

Like I said before, your pirate image is perfect.

Unions have historically burned, pillaged and ruined more aviation careers with their heartless pirate-like tactics and the pirate image you project and welcome is a perfect example of why your pro-union propaganda is so painful to all.

1108 used the IBT to gain the contract and like a pirate will attempt to discard it and pillage the funds of those that previously protected it.

In the process the FLOPS pilots will get hung out to dry because they will not have the full support. Gotta love the pirate like burn and pillage agenda of unions and NJW's disgusting propaganda.

There is only one wordtwister on these boards NJW and that is YOU. Volunteers don't get paid and all aviation professionals have invested in their careers, no matter how much disrespect you show them.

NJ and 1108 USED the IBT to get what they wanted and are discarding the IBT and hanging the FLOPS pilots out to dry. You are a fair weather friend, just like a true pirate.

I come from a sea-faring town, and boots like that on any sailor I know would have forced them to walk the plank.

BF, the cards just show call for a vote. Therefore, every single eligible pilot should send in a card. Not doing so is equal to denying your fellow pilots their right to vote. I know that's not your intention.

These are critical times for the pilots of both NJ and FltOps. Your leaders have done a good job explaining the latest events and what's a stake. I admire all of you for the stand you're taking and I'm proud of the unity you're showing. Outsiders may not understand that we're all on the same side, but I know y'all do. Your determination will pay off in the end and the frac industry will be stronger and more secure because of the effort you are each making. Many thanks! NJW

Those who reject democratic rule should be given the boot. Fudspinners and word-twisters to the front of the line.

Cry me a river.

1108 used the IBT to gain the contract and like a pirate will attempt to discard it and pillage the funds of those that previously protected it.

For this to be true, the IBT would have had to actually do something, anything, to help the NJA pilots. They did, and now do, absolutely nothing.

Fozzy, good point! They tried to take credit for the 2007 CBA. What a sham!..:mad: They didn't even know negotiations were taking place. That's how much the IBT pays attention to the NJA pilots. ..:rolleyes: Any of you NJ pilots that haven't read the NJASAP rebuttal to Hoffa's letter are missing an important update. Don't overlook the fact that he tried to get you to give up your right to vote--in all caps no less. A bit panic stricken, don't you think? After all if the Teamsters had done a good job of representing the NJA pilots they wouldn't have to worry about a vote. As it is, the pilots know exactly who's responsible for their success. There are some excellent posts on the NJASAP board that explains it all.

Read the truth. Send in your card. Vote for the professional representation that brought you the 2007 CBA--NJASAP!

Those who reject democratic rule should be given the boot. Fudspinners and word-twisters to the front of the line.

Well, you better head to the beginning of the line then because nowhere, and I mean nowhere does the meaning of the word democracy include the words "strike" or "work action".

When a union strikes, it is taking what they want by force. That isn't democracy, that is a dictatorship.

Democracy is that of the common people, which you have clearly stated many times that non-pilot employees haven't invested in their careers. As non-pilots (common people) they don't have the right to vote with the pilots, do they? If they did you KNOW what the result would be.

You are the only wordtwister on this board, and I enjoy clarifying your disgusting pro-union propaganda.

de·moc·ra·cy
–noun, plural -cies. 1.government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system. 2.a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies. 3.a state of society characterized by formal equality of rights and privileges. 4.political or social equality; democratic spirit. 5.the common people of a community as distinguished from any privileged class; the common people with respect to their political power.

B19,

First of all, what you just did was spin her words. You are contradicting yourself.

Secondly, your definition is incorrect. The USA is not a democracy, it is a republic. Educate yourself on the difference. PM with questions.

Unions have historically burned, pillaged and ruined more aviation careers with their heartless pirate-like tactics

Yeah, it was definitely the union that burned Aloha to the ground huh? Not a scumbag management type with the initals J O, right? Not predatory pricing, illegal access to proprietary information, crewmember intimidation (jumpseat to Hawaii or lose your job), or the myriad other questionable tactics J O uses?

As anyone on this board knows, I'm not exactly a cheerleader for unions. But more aviation careers have been destroyed by unethical management tactics and executive greed than any union.

Well, you better head to the beginning of the line then because nowhere, and I mean nowhere does the meaning of the word democracy include the words "strike" or "work action".

Doubt it has this little nugget either.

lock·out
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/ˈlɒkˌaʊt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lok-out] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun
the temporary closing of a business or the refusal by an employer to allow employees to come to work until they accept the employer's terms.
[Origin: 1850–55; n. use of v. phrase lock out
thinsp.png
]

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Latest resources

Back