• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Look before you leap, NJASAP!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Secondly, your definition is incorrect. The USA is not a democracy, it is a republic. Educate yourself on the difference. PM with questions.

Explain that to Daniel Webster, for it was his dictionary that was quoted stating the United States was a democracy.

Webster has been known to be a credible source of information.

I don't need to be educated by a union supporter, I'll go with the FAA industry standard dictionary thank you very much.

As interesting as this debate has become, the key issue remains for NJA pilots to decide. Stay IBT or become NJASAP. The facts tell the tale. 25% of total dues to the IBT for 01% RON. A nifty monthly magazine. In fact, money actually spent against the Fractional industry. The remaining 75% of dues spent protecting, expanding, negotiating and developing historic QOL and financial security for NJA pilots. Pretty simple. So much more to be accomplished with the missing 25%.

The foundation and principles of ASAP have created what NJA enjoys today. The next generation for NJA pilots is simply NJASAP minus the IBT affiliation. Reality is we've actually been without the IBT support all along, except for the 25% franchise fee.

Facts are facts, but feel free to dispute them. :rolleyes:

Welcome NJASAP.

;)

B19,

I will send a message to Websters informing them of their error. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Since you are going to close you eyes, I will inform you of the difference.

In a Democracy, the people have a vote in every single issue. This is highly inefficient because it would require the people to be educated on every single vote. This is unrealistic, and quite frankly dangerous. The closest thing EVER to a true Democracy only occurs in small groups of people. Usually 100 or less. An example is a Pirate Ship, or if you are a reality TV fan, Survivor on CBS.

In a Republic, the people vote for representative to speak for them. This is what you see in most unions and in the largest Union of all, The United States of America. You do get to vote, but not on the issues, but the people representing you.

You are welcome for the free Civics lesson. I was hoping someone of you education would have known this basic difference, but I guess not all can be as well informed as myself.

The founding fathers did not want a democracy. They chose a republic instead to prevent the abuse of a minority by a majority.

I guess 19 doesn't know the words to the Pledge of Allegiance...

"...and to the Republic, for which it stands..."

Add that to the list of things 19 does not know.

Well you can't blame him for that. The ACLU probably sued the school district to take the Pledge out of the Schools where he lived.

Last edited:
....the key issue remains for NJA pilots to decide. Stay IBT or become NJASAP. Since the official launch of the independence movement less than 2 weeks ago, half (or more by now) of the pilotgroup turned in cards calling for a vote. The facts tell the tale. .... The IBT offers nothing the NJ pilots can't do for themselves. When it comes to the frac industry the NJ pilots have way more expertise and motivation. So much more to be accomplished with the missing 25%. Exactly! For their own pilotgroup and for the good of the industry.

The foundation and principles of ASAP have created what NJA enjoys today. So true. The Teamsters have been copying the NJA models for Steward training and the grievance process--not the other way around. The next generation for NJA pilots is simply NJASAP minus the IBT affiliation. Agreed. I've been calling it the next logical step toward self-determination. Reality is we've actually been without the IBT support all along, except for the 25% franchise fee. In 2005 the IBT wanted the NJ pilots to settle for the POSTA that was overwhelmingly rejected. In 2007 they didn't even know the pilots were involved in IBB, much less had a new contract with significant improvements-- 3 years early. .... Welcome NJASAP. ;)

Thanks for publicly supporting a cause that's important to your fellow pilots and the frac industry, as a whole. When the NJA pilots go above and beyond with support and donations to the causes near and dear to them they make a huge statement about their camaraderie. At times like this everyone can see firsthand a union at its most basic meaning --and its finest. :beer:

Thanks for publicly supporting a cause that's important to your fellow pilots and the frac industry, as a whole. When the NJA pilots go above and beyond with support and donations to the causes near and dear to them they make a huge statement about their camaraderie. At times like this everyone can see firsthand a union at its most basic meaning --and its finest. :beer:

This is one cause that I wholeheartedly support.

After all, what could be more fun than watching a union create turmoil and whine about money like the NJASAP is doing? :crying:

This is one cause that I wholeheartedly support.

After all, what could be more fun than watching a union create turmoil and whine about money like the NJASAP is doing? :crying:

I thought you hated the turmoil unions create. They "made" your friend kill himself. They "made" you lose 2 jobs. (You don't think that maybe it is because you suck at your job?):erm:

I thought you hated the turmoil unions create. They "made" your friend kill himself. They "made" you lose 2 jobs. (You don't think that maybe it is because you suck at your job?):erm:

I hate the turmoil unions create when it messes up innocent bystanders like non-pilot employees and owners.

I LOVE watching turmoil between unions, it proves my point every day, that union members are never happy.

And I'm actually quite good at my job. Next time you fly, thank me for the improvements I've helped you with on the many working committees I've had input in.

Just because I dislike unions, doesn't mean that I don't support pilots. Nothing could be further from the truth.

:D

Latest resources

Back