Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
do i qualify as a freight dog if i find myself running across an overpass at 11pm trying to get to subway before they close from my hotel because the company left us on the road and wont get us a rental car?

I guess so, if the "company" employs you to fly freight, and said freight resides on the main deck of your aircraft....

If not, the above MIGHT qualify you for honorary FD status if the company kept you out for an unexpected extra week, and then took their time about getting you a ticket home.

Might be a freight dog if the bartender knows your schedule and the local lot lizards will give you a sympathy f*** once a month.

or my signature below is a good one.

when you load the freight and only put on the uniform when you get to the hub because otherwise the shirts get ruined from sweat....

When in Alaska you fly around in a grid for 2 hours looking for a fishing lodge's strip only to finally decide you find it...land and pray to God you found the right one because you have to have to leave the freight there in order to take off

You might be a FD if you've ever kicked the driver off a forklift 'cause even tho' yer not certified on the hi-lo you can do the job waaaaaaaay quicker

You might be a FD if you've ever kicked the driver off a forklift 'cause even tho' yer not certified on the hi-lo you can do the job waaaaaaaay quicker
Ha, that's good. Along the same lines you could interchange fueling and deicing with this one. Hate to get dirty, but hey, if you're a true freight dog....

If you can shoot an 1800RVR VV0 ILS in severe turbulence with a burrito in one hand and a spit cup in the other, you might be a freight dawg

If your excited about the idea of flying a beech 99 you might be a freight dog.

If you think glass is for kids and your only 26 you might be a freight dog.

If "east bound and down" is the anthem of your career you might be a freight dog.

If you have ever carried a pager and you were not selling drugs you might be a freight dog.

If you have ever done laundry in the sink of the hotel in Laredo or El Paso you might be a freight dog.

If you have ever used a hotel room hair dryer to dry said undies you might be a freight dog.

If you know that the handoff to Montery means your on your own you might be a freight dog.

If 9am seems late you might be a freight dog.

If you know the difference between the Taco Palenque at the mall and the real Taco Palenque you might be a freight dog.

If you have ever been robbed while at the hotel you might be a freight dog.

If you have lived within a hour of Detroit you might be a freight dog (or stupid).

If your heros include Nascar drivers and Caneman you might be a freight dog.

If Flight Info is like a second home you might be a freight dog.

Last edited:
One time way back when the company put us in a different motel/hotel in SFO because they (as usual) forgot to book us rooms. The rooms were very cool and had a Large Hottub right in the middle of the suite. Unfortunately the hotel didn't have a laundry room and it was time ,as I had been on the road for 2 weeks without doing laundry so... I went up to the local mini mart and bought a box of Tide and fill up the old Hottub, in went me and my clothes, put her on High ( Max Blow) and sat back with a six pack, relaxed and let the tub do the work. Drying the clothes was a little more difficult as I had to turn on every lamp in the room and hang the items on the lamps plus the baseboard heaters. It got very warm in the room to say the least but..Got Er Done !!!

OK, I have read almost all of these just so I don't repeat any:

When you drive in the left lane so the rumble strips on the highway wake you up.

When your policy for T-storms is "Don't be late, penetrate"

When day old popcorn is still fresh to you.

When you "cup and fart" then fan yourself to stay awake.

And for my lost friend at BAC in BKL, The line guy gives you catering left over from the other day because he feels food stamps aren't enough.

The best days of my career by far....

Latest resources

Back