Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are a freight dog if:

-You have your feet up on the panel, mp3 player on, night time with heavy ice, and everything seems ok

-when you drive home in the morning you are on center line of the road

-you take the company vehicle down the road with the most speed bumps to see how much air you can get

-when holding short you position your prop wash at the rvr transmitter and go to take off power for a couple minutes to bring up the rvr

-you have had more ferry permits than days off

god I miss those days!!!:D

Rook said:
Don't make this into a race problem dude. In the past I've been into DET many times and they've always been friendly to me.

Rook

Oh please, give me a break! It has nothing to do with race. I'm sorry, but I have yet to find anyone at DET that I would consider friendly, regardless of race. I could go on for five minutes about how "pleasant" the folks at Murray are. Have you ever tried to carry on a conversation with anyone there? Ever tried to joke around with anyone? Change the TV channels?

If you knew me, you'd know that I'm a pretty darn nice guy (if I do say so myself :) ) and not racist in the least. Read it how you want, I just don't care for DET and it has NOTHING to do with race.

I don't discriminate- if you're an a$$hole, you're an a$$hole. Male, female, white, black, skinny, fat, gay, straight, whatever. It was a joke based on my experiences there. If you don't like it, oh well. But I resent being labeled a racist just because I was talking about an FBO that IS in fact a $hithole, that is located in DET, with somewhat less than friendly and outgoing employees.

EatSleepFly said:
Oh please, give me a break! It has nothing to do with race. I'm sorry, but I have yet to find anyone at DET that I would consider friendly, regardless of race. I could go on for five minutes about how "pleasant" the folks at Murray are. Have you ever tried to carry on a conversation with anyone there? Ever tried to joke around with anyone? Change the TV channels?

If you knew me, you'd know that I'm a pretty darn nice guy (if I do say so myself :) ) and not racist in the least. Read it how you want, I just don't care for DET and it has NOTHING to do with race.

I don't discriminate- if you're an a$$hole, you're an a$$hole. Male, female, white, black, skinny, fat, gay, straight, whatever. It was a joke based on my experiences there. If you don't like it, oh well. But I resent being labeled a racist just because I was talking about an FBO that IS in fact a $hithole, that is located in DET, with somewhat less than friendly and outgoing employees.

So tell me again why you were afraid for your life? Was it the hostile environment? Or is it the Gang problem at the Detroit City airport? I'm sure you're a nice guy. I just want to know how is it that I've never had a problem with the folks at Murray and you have, feeling that you're lucky to make it out alive. Enlighten me.

Rook

A true cargo dog will have 2 ADF's with loop antenna and a BFO (Beat Freq. Oscillator), a fan marker on the audio panel, a SFD (sync freq. discriminator) and actually know how to use it.

Rook said:
So tell me again why you were afraid for your life? Was it the hostile environment? Or is it the Gang problem at the Detroit City airport? I'm sure you're a nice guy. I just want to know how is it that I've never had a problem with the folks at Murray and you have, feeling that you're lucky to make it out alive. Enlighten me.

Rook

You're right. I guess I'm just a little b*tch. The area around DET is such a beautiful and low-crime area, I don't know what on earth I must have been worried about. In fact, next time I go up there, I think I'll hit up the closest party while I wait to get bid out on another trip. Since they're all such nice folks up there, I'm sure they'll welcome me right in with open arms. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back