Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you change out of uniform when you get to the airplane

-Save the white shirt-

When they ask you if you want to take off from the intersection that is 2/3 of the way down the runway, just because well you are a freight dog and know how to fly and that you will do anything to get off the ground earlier and not have to sit behind 15 jets in sequence for full length.

When you have a section of rubber hose to beat ice off of the plane.

When you often didnt have an alternate in your flight plan when legally you did, because you never even checked the weather since you were going anyways.

When cruise flight was a great time to do your W&B.

When you knew your fields so well, you could call them in sight from 45+ miles out in the day and actually be honest.

When you spilled more coffee in the airplane than you actually drank.

When your first leg of the morning, you had autopilot on, are flying half awake/half asleep in a semi lucid state with eyes closed, just listening for your callsign.

When you thought your engines stopped momentarily, but it was just you falling asleep for a split sec.

When you dont even pull out charts at all anymore on your routes, because you know it so well you could fly it asleep, and probably have already.

These do not apply to my current freight job, just my previous one in the north country about 5 year ago.

You know you're a freight dog at heart. if you'd rather be flying a Seneca I back and forth thru a line of thunderstorms in July with no strikefinder or radar. Crazy, I know but I really miss that sometimes...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Kaman said:
You know you're a freight dog at heart. if you'd rather be flying a Seneca I back and forth thru a line of thunderstorms in July with no strikefinder or radar. Crazy, I know but I really miss that sometimes...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

My contribution above yours, actually came from my time in a Seneca as a Freight Dog in ND/MN. I am doing freight again, but without the severe cold and blizzards, t storms, etc etc.

When your coffee freezes before you have a chance to drink it because its 18 below and the heater hasn't worked since 1978.

You might be a freight dog if....

Center tells you to speak up because the chickens in the back are making too much noise!

You might be a freight dawg if...

You're on a first name basis with ATC at YIP

Ground looks for a cloud of smoke instead of your plane

Your engines get changed as often as the oil

You have to add a gallon of oil to each engine before AND after each flight

Your emergency procedures include "Stick your bare a$$ in the windscreen to make it interesting for the NTSB"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back