Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When you go into DET at 10pm on a Saturday night to drop off at Murray Aviation's little $hithole trailer, and you're scared to go in to get your papers signed, let alone take a piss.

And when you do go in, all the "nice" folks who are sitting around in there visiting with the employees look at you like you just walked uninvited through the front door of their house.

And you tell dispatch that if they don't see you pop up on the computer in 10 minutes, to call 911 'cause you've probably been robbed/kidnapped/murdered/etc.

God I hate that place.

Fr8dog

You know you are fr8dog when...

You take time to look up from whatever you are reading and realize that that your 40 miles out at FL410 .... and you still make it down in time!

You don't like to go out during daytime because the is too much light, too many cars on the road, lines everywher to do anything.

When the morning ATC guy askes " why do you guys always have to eat up whoever is in front of you? (PHL)

When ATC asks why he didn't get to see a better climb rate last night (on take off) when he gave you 14000 as initial altitude.

Eatsleep you think that is bad, try driving down to "Fort Murray in the hood" at night to pick up an airplane.

When you've been sleeping on your buddy's couch in a sleeping bag for the last 4 months because you can't afford your own place on your awesome salary ... Thanks Gerald!

You migt be a FR8DOG if.....

If you demand premium day for flying during daylight hours.:D

You know your a fr8dog when........

You purposely stuff blankets around the door before shutting it to cut down on the draft.

use your tie as a napkin

use a credit card to scrape off the inside of the windscreen so you can see to land when (not if) the heater quits.

when the engines leak so much they have fresh "oil changes" every 3 days

when you have to count how many times you turn the comm dial to change frequencies.

when you don't have to de-ice because all of the oil on the wings kept the snow and frost from sticking

when you realize that the pilot seat used to be gray in color like the "other" seat and not originally black in color.

when fss runs out of room on the flight plan section labeled "a/c color"

scudd running from OPF to TPA at 800' over the glades just to avoid talking to MIA approach.... then when you climb to 4k center calls you and says good morning FLX 826 squawk XXXX cleared direct....

EatSleepFly said:
When you go into DET at 10pm on a Saturday night to drop off at Murray Aviation's little $hithole trailer, and you're scared to go in to get your papers signed, let alone take a piss.

And when you do go in, all the "nice" folks who are sitting around in there visiting with the employees look at you like you just walked uninvited through the front door of their house.

And you tell dispatch that if they don't see you pop up on the computer in 10 minutes, to call 911 'cause you've probably been robbed/kidnapped/murdered/etc.

God I hate that place.

Don't make this into a race problem dude. In the past I've been into DET many times and they've always been friendly to me.

Rook

Rook said:
Don't make this into a race problem dude. In the past I've been into DET many times and they've always been friendly to me.

Rook

He didn't mention race at all.

Latest resources

Back