Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Might be a freight dog.......

When you give up on shaving, and combing your hair on a daily basis. Hair gets combed on M,W,F and shaving takes place on sunday evenings.

If you fly a Metroliner.

If you think a KLN89B is a "new" peice of equipment.

If you have ever sang along to the AM stations on the ADF with a stuck mic. (center REALLY likes that)

If after flying an overnight, on the way out to the car, you walk past a group of "normal" (non-freight) pilots and you hear them mumble to each other, "That boy aint right."

If you think of your job as the underachievement nexus of your life.

If you frequently say to yourself, "I wish I was at the airlines."

You might be a freight dog if you think that "real airline pilots" look silly with their goofy hats and polyester lounge lizzard blazers and they envy your hatlessness and leather jacket...and you like it that way! (I mean wtf, you might fly a 74-400 for Polar or something, how would they know?)

You're a freight dog if you save your only good uniform shirt for the commute home-which is also the only time that you show up at the airport clean shaven during the sequence...

You might be a freight dog if you don't trust airplanes that are younger than you are...

You might be a freight dog if you aren't sure what a flight director is...

You might be a freight dog if you awaken with a startle as the gear extends (scaring the passengers on both sides of you) only to realize that you're just a passenger on the way home too!

Last edited:
You might be a frieght dog if

You have trouble with technically advanced aircraft. How do you work these flip-flop radios?

you have some seniority after 3 weeks, you are a lifer after 3.

you can do the weight and ballance without a calculator.

Settling right in ey? Why isn't there an AMF in the southeast. I know they have a couple runs and all down here but it seems like all we have is Air Now, ACC and Mountain Air for turbine operators. Fill me in if you know of any other entry level turbine gigs.

You might be an (aspiring) fr8 dog if you're asking stupid questions like the one I just did.

Mcjohn,
airnet holds down the east,and AMF works the left coast. We had more of a presense prior to CVG's downsizing, but that's kinda how it works. And yes, PR redefines the term southeast.

...you move on to a decent airline job and a few weeks later you realize that you used to go on a 40day trip and all the bagage you used to take would fit into your flightcase now....

you might be a fr8 dog if your mechanics put on the parts in boxes to fix your aircraft and tell you the guys at the next stop will fix it for ya.

yes sir! was flying a single digit serial number DA20 yesterday.

Which number, WHICH NUMBER?!?! We've got SN 8 coming out of the shop (RVSM'ed and everything here in a few weeks). It's got an "8 Ball" painted on the tail!

Latest resources

Back