Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GVFlyer said:
[/font]

If you were going West the difference would be greater as the G350 would be above the winds at FL450.

Regards,

GV

WSCoDDriver doesn't know about this "above the winds" thing that one can enjoy operating up in the 40's. Or for that matter, the "above the turbulence" thing. Or the "above the weather" thing. You see, in his vast experience as a regional puke doing the "Newark the Cleveland thing", he's never been up there.

And since he's never been there (and oh shall we count all the other ways too?), he can't see how this could POSSIBLY be important, nor thinks his boss or (once again drawing upon his vast corporate experience)......indeed anyone's boss or Board, should factor this type of Flexibility/Comfort/Efficiency "tomfoolery into their aircraft procurement decisions.

Yes indeed, undoubtedly he can "enlighten" us, because the years he spent in the airline womb behind that locked cockpit door (where "Pax Comfort and Convenience" falls somewhere about #10 on the priority list and Mexico is considered "international) has leapfrogged him ahead in the arena of corporate aircraft knowledge.

Why, he's complely unfettered by an even fair-to-middlin' background of actual corporate flying experience that chains the rest of us down, and his utter lack of knowledge about aircraft already fulfilling the role that his woodie-producing WSCoD does keeps his viewpoint fresh and untainted! Best of all, his airline mentality brings to us not only the novel idea that "lower and slower is better", but also the piercing insight that you can best serve the company that pays your salary by having your fellow employees-pax arrive at their destination later....and more fatigued!

Dammnation! If only I'd learned long ago that there's no difference between revenue-flying bargain-hunting flip-flopped strangers... where you can tell them to sit down, shut up and "just be happy we're getting you there as cheaply as possible"... and the execs, corportations, etc, who shell out millions to buy what essentially amounts to transportation flexibility and time savings! Jaysus WSCoD Driver, you oughta be a consultant!

Of course, nothing can do all this....and soooo much more....better than a Yak.

Last edited:
Falcon Capt said:
If you tried to fly the WSofD on any real International missions you would most certainly be "Doomed"...

[heard in the distance behind you] Dooooomed!

GVFlyer said:
To simplify: Legacy - 3200 nm / 424.575 kts (M 0.74) = 7 hours 32.2 minutes
Oh say it isn't so!!! :eek:

WSofDDriver said:
I took a Legacy for 9 hours just to see if it could be done. We had enough gas to tool around longer if we wanted.
WSofDDriver claims he (and his expert airmanship) can keep the WSofD aloft for over 9 hours and still have plenty of fuel to "tool around longer if we wanted"...

So you're a Test Pilot now too??? Since Embraer (yes, the guys who built the WSofD, who would know it best) claims the WSofD has about 7+32 range (3,200 NM at Mach 0.74 mind you) you decided to see if you could keep "The Can" aloft for 9+ hours??? Hey folks, sounds like we have us a "cowboy" here... :rolleyes:

The irony of this entire thread is the WSofD would have NEVER received this much negative attention had it not been for our friend LegacyDriver... uh... WSofDDriver... uh... Skull-One... or whatever he calls himself today... He came looking for a fight and has had his a$$ handed to him repeatedly with hard, cold facts... The only thing he comes back with are his personal opinions... Even the manufactures data on their marketing web site contradicts what WSofDDriver is claiming... But yet somehow, someway, he thinks he is right... :rolleyes:

GV
The book number I have in front of me are slightly different than those you quoted from Conklin & DeDecker. And I’m not sure why Embraer’s web site is not updated. I suppose it’s just a low priority. If you’re serious about getting a Legacy, you’re probably going to talk to a sales rep anyway…But thanks for your replies.

Since I’m new to the a/c, I’ll have to get back to you with some real world number. However, as others have said the a/c is getting a bashing. From what I’ve seen so far, it’s a great a/c. I can only compare the Legacy to my mechanic days working on a Challenger 601 and Lears. I have spoken with some of the Flight Options guys who have some time in the a/c, and they have good things to say about the a/c.

But stay tuned; I’ll try to give you all an update in a few weeks or so…

Last edited:
JetBlast2000 said:
Since I’m new to the a/c, I’ll have to get back to you with some real world number. However, as others have said the a/c is getting a bashing. From what I’ve seen so far, it’s a great a/c. I can only compare the Legacy to my mechanic days working on a Challenger 601 and Lears. I have spoken with some of the Flight Options guys who have some time in the a/c, and they have good things to say about the a/c.

But stay toned; I’ll try to give you all an update in a few weeks or so…

Oh please don't be another guy who's lost his jet-virginity to a WSCoD and is now going to tell us how she's the best girl in the world to take for a ride. WSCoDDriver's beer-goggles on the subject are so thick he doesn't realize that his Beauty queen-of-airplanes is really more akin to a presenting mandrill.

"Friends don't let friends drive Legacys"

Last edited:
CatYaaak said:
Oh please don't be another guy who's lost his jet-virginity to a WSCoD and is now going to tell us how she's the best girl in the world to take for a ride. WSCoDDriver's beer-goggles on the subject are so thick he doesn't realize that his Beauty queen-of-airplanes is really more akin to a presenting mandrill.
I don’t think I claimed it was the best ever… If you gotta get your cherry popped, it’s as good a plane as any.;)

"Friends don't let friends drive Legacys"

lol - You should have seen some of the a/c I’ve flown (135 Cargo). This WSCoD is ions better than the other WSCoD's I’ve flow…

JetBlast2000 said:
I don’t think I claimed it was the best ever… If you gotta get your cherry popped, it’s as good a plane as any.;)
QUOTE]

Indeed you didn't, and I suppose it is. Another good thing...as an A&P you won't be trying to tell us how an aircraft "never breaks" and that a short manufacturer's warranty is a reflection of this.

Latest resources

Back