• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest DAL/NWA arbitration debates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even if your allegation is true, it speaks to the number of jobs NWA brings to the table v/s number of pilots. Delta currently needs to hire, per the testimony given:

The actual job count change was 294 for Delta and minus 613 for Northwest.
This also explains why NWA is so determined to get Delta guys below their DC9 pilots. NWA knows the number of furloughs they have been told are coming.

I hope that Delta can help you with your problem, but not at the expense of forcing Delta pilots out of a job.

Last edited:
FIN there is nothing wrong with them trying to help their membership. We would do the same thing.
Then why haven't we?

Delta's MEC, using the efforts of Delta pilots, has tried to hold slots open for excess NWA pilots while at the same time NWA has stacked their list with "Disabled Retired Pilots" who have no intention of turning a wheel. Isn't that a stark contrast?

Then NWA's Counsel tries to breach the non-prejudicial agreement that facilitated our working together to get the NWA pilots to pay parity, so he can turn the NWA pilots' new pay against the Delta pilots. That strikes at the heart of the intent of those mutual agreements.

If Delta played the NWA game of stacking the list it would benefit you and result in more furloughs. I'm glad the surviving MEC does not fight like the NWA MEC does, but still ....

Last edited:
Even if your allegation is true, it speaks to the number of jobs NWA brings to the table v/s number of pilots. Delta currently needs to hire, per the testimony given:

This also explains why NWA is so determined to get Delta guys below their DC9 pilots. NWA knows the number of furloughs they have been told are coming.

I hope that Delta can help you with your problem, but not at the expense of forcing Delta pilots out of a job.

Why did you leave out the rest of the testimony from your witness that stated that they didnt count 350 positions for the DC-9 because they "figured" they be gone. Cherry picking once again.

Funny, I can't find where they said any of that. Disadvantages from a day 1 snapshot maybe, but 5 to 10 years down the road, most DAL pilots make out better under the combined DOH model at the new DAL than they would have of DAL stood alone.

Under your POS model all DAL pilots benefit on the backs of NWA pilots. That won't fly.

I guess your model has no disadvantages for NWA pilots, like:

1. losing 5-10% seniority from day one.
2. Losing 10-20 over the next 5-10 years
3. Losing up to 50% over 15 years

but those numbers the NWA guys should just ignore?

You, GL and others just cherry pick your arguments but with no substance behind it. Your arguments make y'all the USAIR of this SLI arbitration.

You are upset that your bottom 400 were placed at the bottom of our proposal (up to 350 were likely going to be furloughed anyway), when your new and fun dynamic list would have placed our bottom 3000 on the bottom of the list? Oh wait, only for 5 years....right? Whatever.... You fail to see the big picture here---you got a large raise, you fly a lot of smaller, older planes that none of us want to fly, while we are bringing more and newer metal to the dance, that pay more. You can't see it...... I bet the arbitrators can.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why did you leave out the rest of the testimony from your witness that stated that they didnt count 350 positions for the DC-9 because they "figured" they be gone. Cherry picking once again.

Were those pilots going to fill in for all of the senior guys who have ALREADY RETIRED that are still on your list today? Why do you still have names on your list for guys that left a long time ago? Sounds weird........would you like me to post the testimony showing that?

And did we leave out 350 DC9 slots? Didn't you add 631 787 slots? Where are they? You had 425 DC9 Captains in that computer model. Are you sure you will have that many? Also, are we comparing pay rates from NOW or from prior to the DCC? We are comparing them PRIOR, since we are looking at what each of us had going into this merger---carreer expectations you know...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
If I were "Cherry Picking" I'd have posted Dave Stevens' e-mail.

Do you care to dispute the fact that NWA brings more pilots than jobs to the party? If so, bring it.

I stated that should do everything for their pilots, not that I agreed with it or that it would prove fruitful.

Oh, I agree.

The other side states, "What is Truth?"

Last edited:
If I were "Cherry Picking" I'd have posted Dave Stevens' e-mail.

Do you care to dispute the fact that NWA brings more pilots than jobs to the party? If so, bring it.

I so far have not shared that one, but I have referred to it...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back