• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We find out about bad news on Fridays at 16:57 local YIP time. Good news gets put on the side banner of the company home page where it seems to remain for years.

No, APA 1224 sent out a special email to all members stating that rumor to be false. The DHL 767 flying comes up for renewal in 2015 and as always speculation is rampant on who will bid on and be awarded that flying. Sadly, DHL will be the only winner in that process as any flying gained by one operator will be at the expense of another.​

so.. why doesn't our union (of which most of the DHL players are members) negotiate an acceptable contract, then distribute for the airline crew members to vote on. Might that level the playing field and prevent others from undercutting the contract?

Or am I completely clueless? I easily could be...

so.. why doesn't our union (of which most of the DHL players are members) negotiate an acceptable contract, then distribute for the airline crew members to vote on. Might that level the playing field and prevent others from undercutting the contract?

Or am I completely clueless? I easily could be...

DHL negotiates with the company. The company then accepts or declines it based on their cost structure. The company may try to ask the Union for concessions (SAH, ATI) to fly the contract that would profit the company at their acceptable level. Which doesn't take any consideration for the health and welfare of the pilot group. No level playing field only a profit of loss for the company.

No, APA 1224 sent out a special email to all members stating that rumor to be false. The DHL 767 flying comes up for renewal in 2015 and as always speculation is rampant on who will bid on and be awarded that flying. Sadly, DHL will be the only winner in that process as any flying gained by one operator will be at the expense of another.​
Thats Hilarious, Like APA 1224 has any credibility when it comes to "investigating" anything in regards to DHL, Airborne, Kalitta.

are Kalitta guys still on furlough ???

Does Kallitta still have crews on furlough ???

I have been trying for years to get on there.

DC-8 type, and 4400 hours on the classic 200F , but with a F/O type.

No accident or violations, worldwide experience.

Any intel when interviews might start ???

Thanks.

critical mach

Does Kallitta still have crews on furlough ???

I have been trying for years to get on there.

DC-8 type, and 4400 hours on the classic 200F , but with a F/O type.

No accident or violations, worldwide experience.

Any intel when interviews might start ???

Thanks.

critical mach

Yes. 7 still out. Only 3-4 want to come back. Another 400 is on the way apparently. Our 4 remaining 200's will likely be parked by the end of the year. There is talk of hiring later this year but it's just talk at this point.

just visited YIP, -400 will be online in June they say (in YIP), originally JAL, in Atlas colors, a BCF.
I would guess a bid for 7 CA, 14 FO's coming up.

Furloughs: I can think of one that wants to return; one that wants to hangout in Costa Rica, the others have jobs, ie, UA.

good luck!~

just visited YIP, -400 will be online in June they say (in YIP), originally JAL, in Atlas colors, a BCF.
I would guess a bid for 7 CA, 14 FO's coming up.

Furloughs: I can think of one that wants to return; one that wants to hangout in Costa Rica, the others have jobs, ie, UA.

good luck!~

Latest scuttlebutt is that the leased BCF has fallen through and will not be arriving now.

Latest resources

Back