• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue's Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why hasn't there been a recruitment ban on the airline? For example, anyone who goes to work there gets blacklisted.

Friends of mine who have been there 10, 7 and 5 years don't think so

Friends of mine who have been here 10, 7 and 5 years do think so. All my friends who were furloughed Delta have returned except 1. He is waiting on a class date. Most of my AA buds have gone back. Even 2 furloughed Continental friends are going back and they will do so taking a huge pay cut as their seniority did not accrue.
If you came here from a regional like Mesa, yes this is better. For most other people...stepping stone or temporary stop. Attrition speaks volumes. During periods or hiring SWA, Delta, Continental, United, Alaska, American or even Usair have not lost pilots at the comparative rate we have.
Those are facts.

I actually know some of your friends. These pilots send out mass emails defending Jetblues disability policy. YOUR friends claim our disability policy need not change because pilots will have access to Medicare when their Cobra runs out.
Great guys they are.

Why hasn't there been a recruitment ban on the airline? For example, anyone who goes to work there gets blacklisted.

The only pilots to be officially black listed have been scabs and we have several from the list working here.

Please tell me you are joking. First, I've never even heard of this.......and second, anybody on or off property saying things are so bad that this is warranted is showing their absolutely disconnected understanding of this industry.

Look, there a lot of truths people are saying on this site, but there are also things being said by individuals who have never had another airline job...........and they seem to love the role of "all knowledgeable", but they are not.

Point is, this place is far from perfect...........needs a lot of fixing and I believe only a CBA and the ability to negotiate, not collaborate will address these issues. But, there a lot of great things about this airline.......there have been constant improvements and the work environment is very good.

CD

Please tell me you are joking. First, I've never even heard of this.......and second, anybody on or off property saying things are so bad that this is warranted is showing their absolutely disconnected understanding of this industry.

Look, there a lot of truths people are saying on this site, but there are also things being said by individuals who have never had another airline job...........and they seem to love the role of "all knowledgeable", but they are not.

Point is, this place is far from perfect...........needs a lot of fixing and I believe only a CBA and the ability to negotiate, not collaborate will address these issues. But, there a lot of great things about this airline.......there have been constant improvements and the work environment is very good.

CD

What he said.

Work environment not bad? A smiley manager smiling happy smiles at you, and blowing sunshine up your ass, while shoving a ******************** compensation package down your throat does not make for a good work environment.
Yes suffering along on a pilots average compensation for working 16 days a month will gain great sympathy with the average American.

Our pay and benefits aren't compared to average americans so we don't care what they think. We are only compared to our peers.

Our pay and benefits aren't compared to average americans so we don't care what they think. We are only compared to our peers.

This. Best post of this flightinfo board.

Jetblue compares your retirement and benefits to Fortune 2000 companies and declares B6 retirement and benefits to be "industry leading". Pilots (JAOC) compare B6 retirement and benefits to other major airline pilots and declare they are for sh!t.

Make your own comparisons and decide for yourselves.

Latest resources

Back