• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue's Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I guess more than 50% where happy enough to keep it this way. Why are there so many applicants trying to get a job here???? Must not be a bad place to work....

Well I guess more than 50% where happy enough to keep it this way. Why are there so many applicants trying to get a job here???? Must not be a bad place to work....

Because they're coming from regionals with lousy pay. Because we're hiring folks with little or no pic time when no other major airline is.

I never thought I'd support bringing in ALPA with all its checkered past, but after seeing how things work here and in the industry, I've realized that we need a CBA. There are no guarantees with ALPA or anything else in life but I feel completely exposed if we ever enter a M/A situation. Don't let the zealots here who ridicule anyone with an opposing opinion turn you off to the idea. You don't have to be "anti-company" to be pro-cba.

Last edited:

Educate yourself. 50% did not want ALPA, that's what the union vote indicated. Todays PVC results show what the pilot group wants. Your kind is now the minority. Besides aside from FedEx other carriers with proper pay, benefits, retirement and disability are not hiring.

As for not a bad place to work it's not. But it's not a career destination. I came here to get some heavy PIC time and then the industry took a dump. For me this was and still is a stepping stone.

And now maybe we start getting some factual data in our e-mail instead of propaganda and regurgitated opinions from Forest Hills.

Maybe, just maybe, we can bring a little integrity back to this farce we call a direct relationship.

We STILL will ONLY get what the company was planning to give us in the first place, but at least NOW we might get some straight talk from our so-called pilot representatives.

I'm happy with how the PVC elections turned out. Hopefully this will bring the group more transparency. I'm sure management will still sidetrack improvements, but maybe at least more folks will be educated on the inner workings.

I'm fairly hopeful, for the first time in years.

The Bobs were trounced by a 3-1 ratio in all 3 silos.

Could be a new wind is finally blowing at JB?

Don't confuse a "pro-pilot" PVC with them actually being able to do anything. Best case scenerio we get some straight talk and whatever the comany was gonna give/take anyhow.

I am excited for the new PVC but now we simply have the most student oriented student council ever!! I'm sure they will do their very best to get us less homework and more recess as all the teachers applaud thier very best efforts... Meanwhile the principal goes on with business as usual.

Latest resources

Back