Jetblue's Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fixes required, yes.....major overhaul....No

With all due respect a major overhaul is required. We need seperate health insurance, significant LTD changes, M/A language and protections, seperate sick/vacation, seperate 401k, B Fund. Our pilots feel rationalize a friendly working environment as a good place to work. As mentioned before we are behind in almost every category.

Why separate sick leave and vacation.......after one year of employment, you'll have accrued over 100 hours.......that's over a month of leave after just one year of service.
Separating other items, yes.
The "unsustainability" comes to pass because the company has to give it to everyone........
I'm sure we are industry leading when it comes to ramper/gate agent etc LTD.....

........well, maybe I'm thinking short term......in the grand scheme of a career.....sick leave can really add up to a nice security blanket....one that I hope we would all not need to tap into......I'll tell you in several decades....

We are Mesa with A320s, with 12 interline "partners" doing our wide body flying. Soon, we'll give away 3,700 seats away, or 53 E170s, to some regional airline for feed. That's 400 upgrade slots disappearing, or 5 years of stagnation ahead, in the direct relationship. Did I mention a piss poor retirement and benefits package?

Good place to work? Give me a break. Stand for something people, or stand for nothing.

Yup. Just like Mesa. Most Mesa Captains make $150k-$250K and most Mesa FO's make $100k+. Also most Mesa pilots get 15+ days off per month. Oh and Mesa has Trip and Duty rigs also(granted ours could be better). Oh ya and Mesa gets 5% of there annual pay automatically put into there 401K. Oh ya and Mesa Pilots never have to worry about not making there commute. Mesa Pilots also get time and a half for all flying over 78 hours. I am sure a lot of Mesa pilots have walked into a chief pilots office, told the CP he needs next Tues. off for almost any reason and his CP says no problem I'll make it happen. Oh wait. Mesa guys get none of that and B6 does.

B6 is nothing like Mesa and you shouldn't listen to a Retard that talks a lot of game about experience, but has never been at a carrier anything like MESA, RAH, TSA, etc. etc. So if you think we are anything like Mesa why don't you go see what a Mesa is like Tard and you will come running back here praising B6. Oh wait you couldn't go to Mesa because you could never give up your $250K a year 17 day off a month Job. You have no reason to whine.

Yes Tard some things need to get better. Yes Tard B6 is an awesome place to work. No Tard we are not anything like MESA. Tard you talk a huge game about facts, facts, facts. Then you make stuff up that hasn't happened and will possibly never happen. ALPA lost. Like it or not you really should get over it and just help work for improvements with what we've got. Its all we/you can do until the next vote comes around.

Why separate sick leave and vacation.......after one year of employment, you'll have accrued over 100 hours.......that's over a month of leave after just one year of service.
Separating other items, yes.
The "unsustainability" comes to pass because the company has to give it to everyone........
I'm sure we are industry leading when it comes to ramper/gate agent etc LTD.....

Thats exactly how Jetblue touts it. After one year you would have a month of leave but I don't know how you accumulate that. As an example your spouse has an emergency surgery, your kids get sick a time or two and then you go out on disability. Now you are not only physically disabled but on the verge of being financially as well.
Jetblues sole reason for not separating the two is to make sure you can never accumulate a large bank as they are fiscally responsible. Again, we suffer at their cheapness.

Yup. Just like Mesa. Most Mesa Captains make $150k-$250K and most Mesa FO's make $100k+. Also most Mesa pilots get 15+ days off per month. Oh and Mesa has Trip and Duty rigs also(granted ours could be better). Oh ya and Mesa gets 5% of there annual pay automatically put into there 401K. Oh ya and Mesa Pilots never have to worry about not making there commute. Mesa Pilots also get time and a half for all flying over 78 hours. I am sure a lot of Mesa pilots have walked into a chief pilots office, told the CP he needs next Tues. off for almost any reason and his CP says no problem I'll make it happen. Oh wait. Mesa guys get none of that and B6 does.

B6 is nothing like Mesa and you shouldn't listen to a Retard that talks a lot of game about experience, but has never been at a carrier anything like MESA, RAH, TSA, etc. etc. So if you think we are anything like Mesa why don't you go see what a Mesa is like Tard and you will come running back here praising B6. Oh wait you couldn't go to Mesa because you could never give up your $250K a year 17 day off a month Job. You have no reason to whine.

Yes Tard some things need to get better. Yes Tard B6 is an awesome place to work. No Tard we are not anything like MESA. Tard you talk a huge game about facts, facts, facts. Then you make stuff up that hasn't happened and will possibly never happen. ALPA lost. Like it or not you really should get over it and just help work for improvements with what we've got. Its all we/you can do until the next vote comes around.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it...

Latest resources

Back