• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue's Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say, in most situations you just do whatever you want. Which is what they've done to date with the blessings of the bluebells that they find amongst our pilots.

This 5 Docs thing is different.

Something's up and I don't believe it will be good for US.

It sounds like Jetblue is worse than Mesa....

Yikes!

Good luck over there.

Lol, it's not. There are a couple guys who are very loud and pissed off here, and somewhat rightfully so. The fact is JetBlue is a good place to work that has the potential, thru a CBA, to become a great place to have a career. I don't subscribe to their way of presenting the message, but I do agree with them that we need to make some changes here.

We have some good things here, and some ways to go on medical and retirement, but in no way are we as bad or even close to ANY regional. We should not be pacified by the fact that we are better then a regional, we should be as good as XYZ major.

The vast majority will say that they enjoy their jobs here, enjoy the crews, and like the company. They just want parity with our peers on a couple of issues, including job protection, medical, and retirement.

Last edited:
It sounds like Jetblue is worse than Mesa....

Yikes!

Good luck over there.

We are Mesa with A320s, with 12 interline "partners" doing our wide body flying. Soon, we'll give away 3,700 seats away, or 53 E170s, to some regional airline for feed. That's 400 upgrade slots disappearing, or 5 years of stagnation ahead, in the direct relationship. Did I mention a piss poor retirement and benefits package?

Good place to work? Give me a break. Stand for something people, or stand for nothing.

We are Mesa with A320s, with 12 interline "partners" doing our wide body flying. Soon, we'll give away 3,700 seats away, or 53 E170s, to some regional airline for feed. That's 400 upgrade slots disappearing, or 5 years of stagnation ahead, in the direct relationship. Did I mention a piss poor retirement and benefits package?

Good place to work? Give me a break. Stand for something people, or stand for nothing.
Tell me a major airline that doesn't interline.... Please enlighten me. We are not contracting for e170s... Show me proof. If it true I'll light my torch and march with you, but until you know for sure stop making crap up.

They just want parity with our peers on a couple of issues, including job protection, medical, and retirement.

Perhaps they should have thought about that PRIOR to applying to a non-Union carrier.

Obviously, the rank and file has spoken...TWICE. Apparently, the majority of jetBlue pilots are willing to take whatever Daddy deems to give them.

interesting meeting happened in DC last week. Ask the VC about the results of that meeting.... Not very affirming..

Fifty.....I'll help you fill out your apps to other airlines.....go hate somewhere else.....you and everyone else will be happier.......

This is a good place to work.....as far as airlines go....and, YES, majors/LCC's...

Latest resources

Back