• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I'm not mistaken, the list that had been circulated contained personal information (specifically birthdays, I think). The company said that it didn't want company resources (computers, network, etc) used to disclose private information, due to liability reasons.

At least, that's how I remember it. Maybe a flimsy excuse, maybe not.

I can say that I didn't really think anything of it at the time. Heck, I probably still have the old list somewhere on my laptop hard drive.

It would be nice, I suppose, to know exactly where I would end up at age 60 (even though I really hope to not have to work until then).

KC-10 Driver said:
If I'm not mistaken, the list that had been circulated contained personal information (specifically birthdays, I think). The company said that it didn't want company resources (computers, network, etc) used to disclose private information, due to liability reasons.

At least, that's how I remember it. Maybe a flimsy excuse, maybe not.

I can say that I didn't really think anything of it at the time. Heck, I probably still have the old list somewhere on my laptop hard drive.

It would be nice, I suppose, to know exactly where I would end up at age 60 (even though I really hope to not have to work until then).

That's just one of the things a union does

Eagleflip said:
If everybody on the forum sends me 2% of their paycheck every month, I'll figure it out for you...:laugh:

I'll do it for 1.95% of your paycheck.

;)

And the 190 pilots will do it for half of that, hence the need for a union

Send out your info G4..

G4G5 said:
And the 190 pilots will do it for half of that, hence the need for a union

Maybe you could post your SSN, address, date of hire, where you work...better yet, just post your resume so someone can send you the list. I'll bet the JB seniority list could contain some confidential personnel information just like all the other ALPO union seniority lists contain.

But hey, I'll bet over half of the JB seniority are furloughed from union carriers. They most likely are still on their unions seniority list so you could get that information from ALPO. I'll even bet most furloughed JB pilots had a contract that included the ever popular "no furlough" clause in their CBA. That's what your union dues get you these days.

Go ALPO!

Yep, unions are aweful, history has shown that we would have been much better off witout them. (scarsam)

Todays WSJ
Interesting:

JetBlue called Michael E. McDonald this week to tell him his flight from New York to San Juan, Puerto Rico, next week was canceled. He had booked a 9 p.m. flight so he could get in a full day of work and be in San Juan in plenty of time for a wedding. But JetBlue offered a 3 p.m. flight, meaning he'd miss much of the workday, or a flight the next morning, which was cutting it too close for the wedding.
"According to the agent, the airline could not completely fill the plane that I was to fly, and had canceled the flight," Mr. McDonald says. "What should I do in the future if this problem should occur again?"

This is a problem travelers are going to run into a lot this fall, I think. So it's worth reviewing options.

In Mr. McDonald's case, JetBlue did give him nine days of notice, which proved crucial. That's a lot better than what Delta proposes. I think Delta risks deeply angering customers with fuel-price cancellations on relatively short notice. Early morning and late-night flights are the most likely to be canceled, Delta said, but business travelers in particular use those flights for a specific purpose -- to get an extra night at home or put in a full day of work, for example. Canceling those flights may mean not being able to get home for an important event after a day of meetings, or having to leave a day earlier for a trip and missing a kid's sporting event.

Mr. McDonald didn't like the choices JetBlue offered, so he called American and booked better flights, paying only $272 since he had more than a week's advance notice. That's more than his $198 JetBlue fare bought in July. JetBlue will refund that without any penalty, of course, but Mr. McDonald asks if JetBlue should make him whole.his is a problem travelers are going to run into a lot this fall, I think. So it's worth reviewing options.
In Mr. McDonald's case, JetBlue did give him nine days of notice, which proved crucial. That's a lot better than what Delta proposes. I think Delta risks deeply angering customers with fuel-price cancellations on relatively short notice. Early morning and late-night flights are the most likely to be canceled, Delta said, but business travelers in particular use those flights for a specific purpose -- to get an extra night at home or put in a full day of work, for example. Canceling those flights may mean not being able to get home for an important event after a day of meetings, or having to leave a day earlier for a trip and missing a kid's sporting event.
Mr. McDonald didn't like the choices JetBlue offered, so he called American and booked better flights, paying only $272 since he had more than a week's advance notice. That's more than his $198 JetBlue fare bought in July. JetBlue will refund that without any penalty, of course, but Mr. McDonald asks if JetBlue should make him whole.

Last edited:
G4G5,

Looks more like the change over due to winter schedule, but am curious how he ended up with a ticket on the evening departure.

Looked at our website, and it does not show a 9pm departure, so it is no longer scheduled. I do not think DAL would get into hot water if they changed their schedule, but DAL looks at the loads and then cancel as close as two day prior.

Last edited:
G4G5 said:
And the 190 pilots will do it for half of that, hence the need for a union[/quote
G4G5 said:
]

ATLANTA (AP) -- Delta Air Lines Inc., the nation's third-largest carrier, is prepared to use the bankruptcy court to achieve $325 million in cost concessions from its pilots if the company and union can't reach a deal on their own, chief executive Gerald Grinstein said Thursday

lets see how well DALPA will protect the profession...............hence the need for a union...

Latest resources

Back