• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue March 8th/9th Interview Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, anyone who was already on the A-320 and didn't bid to upgrade on the 190 right away is under a 2 year aircraft lock beginning the first day the E-190 started carrying passengers.

So if that is the case then a 3 year FO can't upgrade to the E-190 for another year and a half.

Like I said, correct me if I'm wrong.

October 07 is when the fence comes down. Untill then unless you are one of the 144 a-320 fo's who took the 190 ca positions, you are on the bus or on the emb.

From when the 144 runs out (this fall) to October 2007 all of the upgrading EMB CAs will be EMB FOs. After that who knows. It will probably depend on what is happeneding with the A320 upgrade and the QOL and bases of the 190.

Anyone got any intel on where the June and July 190 FOs will get domiciled? The pay might be a little easier to swallow if I didn't have to commute.

Also, considering the 144 (sounds rather biblical), that should cause some quick movement in the 190 FO seniority list from both ends: upgrades and new aircraft deliveries.

Just trying to find the silver lining here....

Last edited:
So, with all of the previous 13 pages of info, I just want to get all this right...

If you are in the next interview class, and are offered a job, one of the following will occur:

1. a. Accept EMB-190 and go into 'Shallow' pool for a few months (August?)
b. Be locked in the EMB-190 for 2 years.
c. Still upgrade within 12 - 18 months.
d. Based in JFK only.
e. Rumors of EMB pay rates being raised and EMB base in MCO by year's
end. But both are only rumors right now.

2. a. Accept A-320 and go into 'Deep' pool. (December, but maybe as soon
as August)
b. Still be locked in for 2 years
c. Upgrade within 4 years.
d. Based in JFK, FLL (within 3-4 months), or LGB (within 6 months).
e. Rumors of MCO base for the A-320 as well, but nothing slid.

Is there anything I missed? Does this all sound right?

BOS is a new base. There are definately A-320s there, all the captain upgrades for June will be going there. I don't really know specifically what the company has planned for E-190s there, but there are definate plans to base them there. Rumors extend to LGB for 190s as well, but so far they are just rumors (IMHO).

As far as upgrades in the 190, I don't think you'll see them happening as quickly as once predicted (story of my life). I think you will see many 320 FOs that have been enjoying QOL and schedule bid upgrade to EMB CAPT in fall '07 to try to maximize position in the event of stagnation. Naturally, all is flexible until then, depending on the market, fuel, Iran, Iraq, Chevrolet....... and fall '07 will be before the seat lock expires for new hires from this spring/summer. My understanding of the seat lock is that you can upgrade in the same airplane, but I don't think there will be nearly as many capt seats available due to the 'bus FOs.

As to pay rate increases in the 190.......why would they? They don't seem to be having any problems filling classes yet. Until they do I wouldn't expect to see any movement on that front, particularly with the recent financials. And please don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be fond of taking a 50% pay cut to fly the 190 (if invited to). But when you're down to 1 choice.....

Good news guys. I heard the staffing outlook has been adjusted since the earnings call and it looks like it may not be a long wait to get a BUS slot. I guess this is the only industry where things change on a day to day basis. Definately makes the day a little brighter to hear encouraging news, now if the phone would only ring with that (628) number!:D

Pilottodd2 said:
So, with all of the previous 13 pages of info, I just want to get all this right...

If you are in the next interview class, and are offered a job, one of the following will occur:

1. a. Accept EMB-190 and go into 'Shallow' pool for a few months (August?)
b. Be locked in the EMB-190 for 2 years.
c. Still upgrade within 12 - 18 months.
d. Based in JFK only.
e. Rumors of EMB pay rates being raised and EMB base in MCO by year's
end. But both are only rumors right now.

2. a. Accept A-320 and go into 'Deep' pool. (December, but maybe as soon
as August)
b. Still be locked in for 2 years
c. Upgrade within 4 years.
d. Based in JFK, FLL (within 3-4 months), or LGB (within 6 months).
e. Rumors of MCO base for the A-320 as well, but nothing slid.

Is there anything I missed? Does this all sound right?

Pretty much on the money except for 1a and 2a. There isn't a pool for the 190. Get the call, go to class. A320 hiring should resume with classes in September and maybe as early as August.

Regressing

Dear Verna,

I love you.

Do you Love me?

check yes if you do, no if you don't

yes_______, no_________

Your freind,

Kayman

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back