jetBlue March 8th/9th Interview Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Give me news or give me a sleeping pill

Hey fins, find out when they are going to start calling people for the may classes. It can't hurt to ask and it might help me get some sleep.

What have they told you about the outlook for the rest of the year and years to come? Are they still planning on 500 pilots a year for the next 5 years? Have they mentioned slowing down? Throw us a bone. It's lonely in the dark.

Just for giggles...I saw a Virgin America A320 in Greenville waiting to be painted today. N622VA all white with red engines.

Relax before you give yourself an ulcer

captain dad said:
Hey fins, find out when they are going to start calling people for the may classes. It can't hurt to ask and it might help me get some sleep.

What have they told you about the outlook for the rest of the year and years to come? Are they still planning on 500 pilots a year for the next 5 years? Have they mentioned slowing down? Throw us a bone. It's lonely in the dark.

Just for giggles...I saw a Virgin America A320 in Greenville waiting to be painted today. N622VA all white with red engines.

I'll see what I can do. However, let me remind you of one thing: You're only starting week six of phase II. I know it sucks and I certainly feel your pain. I didn't get my call until around week nine and a bunch didn't get a call until even later. That is, after all, what they told us at the interview to expect. Here are two dirty words for you - be patient. The odds are definitely in your favor.

As far as hiring numbers, I know the plan is still to hire 500+ this year. I don't know about the years to come. They have not mentioned slowing down. We're opening up new bases right and left so I take that as a positive sign

Lastly, Virgin America can suckit! That's actually a joke. I believe we live in what is known as capitalism (or something like that). While I can't say I would enjoy more competition, that's the way the world turns. All we can do is do our best to make our airline the best, convince customers that it is, and try to be profitable. Now I have to get down off my soapbox and do some studying.

Hang in there folks. You're almost there (or 'here' really).

Fins

Good luck with your studying Fins! I think that's pretty impressive to find time to read these threads while in ground school. I guess everyone needs a break once in awhile. Can't wait to do the same! I hear the sidestick isn't that hard to get used to. :D

whats with the grey?

Did you know that while staring at your phone you can actually feel your facial hair growing

Whats the Blue policy on facial hair?

Hello everybody who is waiting patiently. I think Verna is going to start making calls Monday morning. I am basing that guess on no information whatsoever.

Scott

I just received a FEDEX letter from jetBlue. Does anyone want to know what it says? It is a form letter that basically says too bad try again.

Yes, some people do get turned down in phase two. I just increased all of your chances.

I looked into my background and I know I don't have any skeletons. I am a good guy, a far pilot, and I have no idea why I was turned down.

I am not mad but I am sad. I'll get over it and I will try again. God knows I love abuse...I'm a Pilot!

Last edited:
Sincere condolences

Captain Dad, Sorry to hear that man. After waiting this long with the optimisitic hope we're all trying to have, it's Kind of a gut shot! Hopefully you have a job now that will keep you going paying the bills.

I thought the acceptance to phase II email stated that if anything disqualifying came up you would have an opportunity to address it. I had heard that a couple other guys had gotten the same letter with no explanation and was hoping it wasn't true.

As for improving our chances, technically that's correct, but the reality letters like yours are going out makes the ulcer start to bleed!!

While I know in the back of my mind that the letter is always a possibilty,I have been guilty of the "Happy Thought's" syndrome. I agree with Kayman about the "Gut Shot" that we feel when reality comes a knockin at the door. Truthfully I had hoped only to update the list with equipment types and class dates. Captain Dad my sincere condolences as well as best of luck in whatever opportunities fly in your direction.

1) smoky222
2) Snoopy Mendoza
3) skypine69
4) LaGarbage Man
5) Vastly Underemp
6) My Man Smith
7) CheeseheadinTX
8) PDXcheezhead
9) captain dad (Letter)
0) pilotgolfer
11) Dave's kid
12) Propblast
13) Flyiguy
14) CalBuff
15) Kayman
16) Got2GO

capt dad, sorry to hear the unfortunate news. I hate to read downers on these threads but I guess we're all subject to that reality. Stay positive and optimistic and good things will happen. Keep your head up.

Latest resources

Back