• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe I dreamt it?

No fed-ex truck today... (that's good)
No calls....

I am beginning to wonder if my 3/9 interview was just a dream...

I don't even get anxious when the phone rings anymore.

center? hello? Radio check

I hope and trust that you may 10th-ers are doing well and enjoying the firehose!

Hey guys,,,be patient. I know it's hard but I've been there too. I interviewed beginning of Novemeber and did not get called until Feb 1st. I waited exactly 3 months to the day before I finally got the good word from VK. Been online now just about a month and life is good again.

It's well worth the wait. Use the time to get your other things in order as training is long.

Good luck to all!

Hey Guys:

Greetings from MCO. Yep they have started to turn on the fire hose. Mostly Indoc stuff so far, so we are not at full flow yet. As for intel, I don't have alot more to report than you already have heard. Hearing end of August for the next A320 classes. Have also heard that most of the classes for the summer as far as the E190 are filled. They are running small classes and will pick it back up in the fall after the summer flying rush is over. Basically it looks like a few will get lucky and fill in the few if any slots left over the summer and many will tread water untill the fall classes pick back up.
Enough of the bad mojo, the good news is that the A320 wait will not be as long a wait as originally thought and there have been no changes to the hiring plan for the E190. So like Zipperhead said,"Be Patient". Good stuff is on the way.Verna is finished showing us newbies around the Training Center and on her way back up to NYC. I know she will be working you into the classes and pool slots that she has available and before you know it you will be finding out why the new flight attendants keep looking for the "Owl" and the "Caboose".
That all I have for now, I should get back to studying something/anything/everything!!!!!

Keep the Faith
Trashman

Thread is slipping

Hello............ Is there anybody out there?

Any March interveiwees seeing any activity or hearing anything.

Confession:.........I'm losing patience

Kayman
Interviewed 3/9. Nothing yet. Getting tired of waiting for the phone to ring. Being furloughed from Indy Air and not working makes it worse.
Latest rumor I heard was that they will put us into a pool once they do call. June will be the last of the interviews until next year. It has been a looooong 66 days since interview.
Ring DAMN you RING!!!!!!!

A few hairs left.....

Hey all. I was on the 9th as well; nothing yet.
I know two others from this airline that also got thumbs up email (both intv'd Mar 8th). The first got a call in last week April, second in the first week May.
Last week I read a memo to jb pilots that 20+ aircraft are still coming. Have also been told the Summer is a normal slowdown in jb training. Maybe a jb person in the know will shed some more light.
Also believe that as soon as I stop chewing on it, the call will come.
Luck to all.
See you soon!?!

Hey guys...

I interviewed on the 8th..... still waiting. Two others i know interviewed on the 9th and they too are still waiting. Well, on the upside we are one day closer to the airbus classes starting up again.... :erm:

Seeing as how LaGarbage Man is probably up to his eyeballs in Indoc now (lucky bastard! ;-), here's the new list:

1) smoky22
2) Snoopy Mendoza (April,26 / A320)
3) skypine69
4) LaGarbage Man (May,10 / A320)
5) Vastly Underemp
6) My Man Smith
7) CheeseheadinTX
8) PDXcheezhead
9) captain dad (Letter)
10) pilotgolfer
11) Dave's kid (Hired/Pool)
12) Propblast
13) Flyiguy
14) CalBuff
15) Kayman
16) Got2GO (May,10 / A320)
17) 2wheelz (May,10 / A320)
18) xcrjdriver
19) projectguy
20) FlyingSkirt

Here's to a phone call soon for all,

-PB

The lastest offical unoffical intell. is A320 newhire classes beginning again late August 2006.

Any reliable insight?

Can anyone shed some light on this phase II process?

More specifically, my impression is this:

After we "passed" the interview they began (or continued) the background checks. Once the background checks are complete your file goes to the PHC. The PHC gives the final 'yay' or 'nay' generally on Thursdays. The venerable VK then sends the FedEx truck or makes a 'good call' to invite someone to a class (or pool).

-If jB is at the point where the classes are full and they are establishing a pool, what is the hold up?

-If a call now means an invite to the pool – why wait on the calls?

-Is the PHC not meeting regularly/weekly as there is no immediate need for new hires for a while?

-Is there a hold up/snag/delay in the background check causing the delay? (I would appreciate the opportunity to make a few calls and kick some... er I mean help motivate my former employers)

-Are the ones called first/already/sooner better or higher scored candidates?

-With the need for fewer new hires (short term) is jB deciding that it can be more selective and wait for the crop May interviewees to fill out the pool?

-Will we March interviewees be added to the pool (or “fedExed”) before invites go out to the May hopefuls?

-What is the average velocity of a coconut laden swallow?

Thanx in advance for any help you can offer.

-Cheez

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back