jetBlue March 8th/9th Interview Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PDX,

I understand your frustration. I was in your shoes about 60 days ago. All I can tell you is that from this side of the fence nothing has really changed. There has been a minor correction on Airbus hiring and that's it. Everything else is pretty much the same. The hiring process has not changed as far as I can tell. There is some pretty detailed info on the company intranet about how it works and it's pretty much as advertised. I think the delay you guys are experiencing is simply a matter of the People department being overwhelmed. There are thousands of potential newhires in the pipeline and you guys are at the front of the line. As soon as your package is complete it's put in front of the PHC and a decision is made. If selected to be hired you will be called for the next available class. If you just gotta have the Airbus that might cause you to wait a little bit. It's first come, first served. As soon as you are blessed by the PHC you are next.

The vast majority of the folks in Phase II will be offered a job. It's a small minority that aren't. We were told 10-12 weeks. By my calculations you guys are right there at 10 or 11 weeks. Hang in there.

Just interviewed today and was told that a pool has been formed and VK said that about 55 of the March guys will be in the pool ahead of the May guys. It is a first in first out pool so when classes open up you will be called in the order you went into the pool. You go into the pool when you finish phase II and you will get a call notifying you that you have moved from phase II into the pool. Once in the pool they will call you and notify you about 30 days before a class date is open to give you the same options on aircraft as they have been doing. She did say that anyone interviewing in May will be in class by the end of the year.

perspective helps

The vast majority of the folks in Phase II will be offered a job. It's a small minority that aren't. We were told 10-12 weeks. By my calculations you guys are right there at 10 or 11 weeks. Hang in there.[/quote]

Caveman,
Thanks for the feedback, it helped me get positive at the end of a long duty day. I'm leaning forward again.
Projectguy

well done!!

Kayman said:
African or European?

You pass phase II!! - expect a call any minute now.

Of course anyone who can quote Monty may not be a person of sound judgement or a responsible airline pilot...

I interviewed on May 16 and got the same info as Truckdriver. The pool is first in first out based on your phase 2. I think that means you are farther down the list if it takes longer for you background check to be complete. I also heard there are about 50 still in the pool from the March interview group. Verna did say that this is their first try at managing a pool and they had a few bugs to work out. One of the things she mentioned they intended to start was assigning a "life guard" to each of those in the pool. The life guard is to keep you "ping factor" down and keep rumors under control.

Anyone know if those in the POOL from March group have been notified of that or not? Interviewed on March 9 and have yet to hear anything. Would be nice if we could find out, I mean it's only been 11 LONG weeks! Hopefully there's some truth to the saying "Good things come to those who wait". For everyone else in the same situation, Best of luck and hopefully this wait will be over soon.....one way or another.:)

no com here...

My Man SMITH! said:
Anyone know if those in the POOL from March group have been notified of that or not? Interviewed on March 9 and have yet to hear anything. Would be nice if we could find out, I mean it's only been 11 LONG weeks! Hopefully there's some truth to the saying "Good things come to those who wait". For everyone else in the same situation, Best of luck and hopefully this wait will be over soon.....one way or another.:)

I am in Limbo, too. Not sure what the hold up is. Background? No urgency on jB's part?

I've got my suit on - looking for the pool...

Best of luck to you, too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back