Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vastly Underemp said:
I seem to be getting closer to having to buy the first round in MCO

:beer: Guess you're off beer patrol!!! Congrats to you and DK....

Starting to feel like the round is gonna be on me.... which by the way, is a much better option than a visit from FedEx!

Last edited:
OK boys and berries, here's the poop......

They're establishing a pool, first in/first out. There are EMB classes slated for June (2 classes of 5 each), July (2 classes of 5 each), and August (2, possible 3 classes). Airbus class is potentially August 30th, if not then Sept 13th. I was offered an EMB class, but deferred (for now) for the next available Airbus class. I know I'll lose some seniority numbers, but I think it's the best move for me. As always, all information is subject to change. As of my phone call yesterday, I was "a handful" from the top of the pool. Those that interview in June and get through the process will undoubtedly be in the deep end, but predictions right now are that all will be in school by the end of the year. There are obviously class slots available for the EMB. The one caveat for the pool is that you don't actually have a job until you are awarded a class slot. If something should happen down the road, you may be S.O.L., so you may need to calculate that into your plans. As always, your mileage may vary.....

FlyingSkirt, I'll be honored to have you buy me one, so let's put the positive waves together for YOUR phone call...

Smitty, thanks. Getting the call sure does take a load off my sneakers.

To all that still wait....hang in there. Rest assured that when the call comes Verna's voice will be the sweetest sound you've heard in a long time.

Congrats Vastly, Kid and Skyp!!

I am begining to feel lonely here in the hold pad. Who else in here in purgatory with me?

VU.... looks like i'll be buying you that beer in MCO!!!

got the call mid day, I am in the pool. :D I wasn't given a choice of class dates, pool was my only option. All classes are full through the end of July. I was told to expect a phone call at the end of June asking if I want an Aug 190 class or Sept Airbus class. At the moment I'm thinking of holding out for Sept's Airbus class.

Good luck to everyone, got my fingers crossed that you won't have to wait much longer.

Vastly Underemp said:
I was offered an EMB class, but deferred (for now) for the next available Airbus class. I know I'll lose some seniority numbers, but I think it's the best move for me.

What's your thinking? Looking at your profile, you've done 121 before, and know the value (or lack thereof) of DOH.

Why would you give that up? Furloughs are not an IF, but a WHEN.

Ultra,

I disagree on your assessment for the requirements for furloughs. We could debate the issue ad nausem, but let's just agree to disagree on that one and save each other a lot of typing. Current personal circumstances allowed me to even consider a short deferral (ie, I have a good paying job right now). I was very careful to inquire about the number of poolies ahead of me on the first in/first out list, as well as the number of EMB new hires between now and the next Airbus class. I considered the new estimates of upgrade times, the fences coming down in 18 months, and the new estimated Airbus delivery schedules. I know it's a crap-shoot, but my best guesstimation is I will be better off in the long run going to the bus now. The 190 pay just doesn't allow me to pay my bills and still contribute to my retirement, which has seen few contributions and one big withdrawal in the last 4 years. Additionally, I think I will get to my base of choice more quickly in the bus.

Thanks for your obvious concern, but I have been furloughed 4 times in my aviation career, and had a number of corp/charter jobs vanish overnight. I know the importance of seniority. I also know the importance of being happy at work, that's why I pursued JetBlue in the first place. The complicated puzzle that is an aviation career said "Airbus", at least until tomorrow's weather forcast comes out.

Cheez, don't feel lonely brother! I'm right there with you. I'm beginning to wonder if we are actually swimming or just chilling out along side the pool. Regardless, weather is great, views are awesome, and the drinks are right on! In or out, just enjoying the ride. Hang in there guy. Good news is right around the corner. To the newest guys, congrats! Hope to experience that feeling soon! :D

I got the call today. . .more intel to follow

good luck to all, especially cheese and smitty

Smoky 22

Ditto for me, Verna called just before 1900 Eastern, thumbs up, background complete and into the pool. Her comment was lifeguard will call next, expect class August earliest and October latest: my choice on aircraft.

ST

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back