• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue March 8th/9th Interview Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any idea how long it takes them to get back to you after the assesment test online? Just filled it out today and wondering how fast things are moving.
Thanks

gotta keep those revisions up to date...

Let me know if I've gotten any wrong or left something/someone out.

Congrats to the INs and the those enjoyin' the pool!

Good luck and keep the faith to the rest of you(us).

cheez

1) Snoopy Mendoza --(Apr,26 / A320)
2) Got2GO ----------(May,10 / A320)
3) 2wheelz ---------(May,10 / A320)
4) LaGarbage Man ---(May,10 / A320)
5) Dave's kid ------(Jul,19 / 190)
6) captain dad -----(Letter)
7) CheeseheadinTX --(swimmin')
8) Vastly Underemp -(swimmin')
9) projectguy ------(swimmin')
10) FlyingSkirt ----(swimmin')
11) smoky22 --------(swimmin')
12) skypine69 ------(swimmin')
13) Flyiguy
14) pilotgolfer
15) xcrjdriver
16) CalBuff
17) Kayman
18) Propblast
19) My Man Smith
20) PDXcheezhead

One update to the list...

Congrats Propblast!!!

I, too, am IN!!! Woo Hoo.
Got a message at 3pm edt fri - called the lovely VK back at 4.

No new info that isn't posted here as far as pool/lyfegard/class dates go.
Ms. K said there are "roughly" 50 or so currently in the pool. We'll likely get 30 days notice and still be offered a choice of a/c. The 190 classes will certainly come around sooner. Pool is first in first out (first offered a choice anyway)

I am sooo pullin' for each one of you - hopefully a bunch of calls went out today. I look forward to buying each one of us on the list above a big cold barley-pop. Hang in there - the calls are coming!

It's good to be out of one limbo - into another (better) limbo

go smith, go smith, go smith....

Congrats to the new guys. It's getting awfully hot out here hanging by the pool. I think I need to jump in and cool off! Got the call yesterday. :D Looks like we will be hanging in here for awhile. 190 classes full through July, no BUS til Nov or next year.

In the meantime, everyone join me at the pool bar, first rounds on me! :beer: For those who have yet to hear, hang in there, the call is definately worth waiting for! Best of luck. It feels great being BLUE! (well, almost)

training format?

Congrats to all in, and out, of the pool. What is the training format for the 190/320? Do I understand correctly, there are 5 in a class? Are they formal classes or self-study, 5 6 or 7 days a week, how many weeks ground before sims, that kind of stuff.

Send more input....feeling (a little) blue.

ST

Hey guys,

Hello from MCO - congrats to all that have heard good news and good luck to those still waiting - it won't be much longer. There are nothing but positive vibes down here at the training center. Everyone is very optimistic about future growth and continued hiring. Although there's been a momentary slow down, 320's as well as 190's are going to continue to be delivered. The application to fly to Aruba beginning Sep 15 has been filed. There are many new Blue Cities on the horizon. According to Dave Barger at our orientation, the mid-west US is going to get to know jb very soon. He also said that jb has over 700 city pairs that the 190 business model will likely succeed. They are very pleased with the April and May numbers - the 190 is likely to be very profitable. Apparently the next class begins June 7th, and is only two 190 pilots. But after that, they've said a new class should start about every 2 weeks with approx five 190 pilots each. The training dept is tentatively planning on a bus class as soon as Aug 31. It sounds like there is going to be a lot of flying to do and a need for many more pilots. Keep the faith, you'll be down here in no time! Good luck!

re: Projectguy question

PG,

Regarding your question on the training format, our program has been pretty intense. From beginning to end, training lasts about 38 days. It is a structured groundschool which is supplemented by a lot of "home study" on your issued laptop. I'm not sure how they've been doing it in the 190, but in the 320, we've completed a program referred to as CPaT which covers ac systems. It took about 30-40 hours to complete and is done after class on your own time. The sooner you get it done, the better, because it only gets busier. After 2 weeks of Basic Indoc, there are 5 days that cover systems and get you in the FTD trainer. Systems class is fast and furious. The moral of the story: get as much as you can from the CPaT because systems class seems more like recurrent than initial. Everyone has been doing fine on their PC's, though, so it seems like the program works. One plus: our instructors so far have been awesome. They've been very knowlegeable and willing to stay late and answer questions. As for schedule, it is mostly a six-on, one-off "footprint". We did have one three day break after Indoc and a two day break coming up Tuesday. For those not very proficient with windows, it will help to start "pointing and clicking" now - this company is VERY wired. It's awesome, and I am thrilled to be here. Good luck to all. See you on line!

Late to report

Got the call a while back.

Took the 190 in July

Finally got My O.A.D. under control and should be able to stop the meds by start of training.

See you all there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back