jetBlue March 8th/9th Interview Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1.b and 2.b.
the two year lock was as of Oct 05, so if you are hired next month into the 190, the earliest you can bid for either EMB CA or A320 FO is Oct 07, two year lock is already counting down.

1.c. I was told the last class able to upgrade before the fence was April 1 class, ask "Auburn" about this.

1.d. 190's are supposed to be based in BOS Oct. according to company email. again ask Auburn.

2.d. FLL awards out of training as of now. LGB, longer, (perpetual reserve).

2.e. 320 MCO base rumor, Nov.~ Dec.

ps, I am not sure of actual aircraft bid lock, maybe one year. ask Auburn. oh and a pool may exist for some that choose the 320, choices will be available.

Last edited:
Guam360 said:
1.b and 2.b.
the two year lock was as of Oct 05, so if you are hired next month into the 190, the earliest you can bid for either EMB CA or A320 FO is Oct 07, two year lock is already counting down.

Not exactly correct. There is a 2 year fence that started I believe Oct 05 where no one can switch aircraft but there is no seat lock. Also, each pilot is aircraft locked for two years no matter when they start on an airplane.

Based on that, if you are hired next month into the 190 you will be on that aircraft for two years. You can bid for 190 CA in that time frame, but will have to wait two years to bid into the 320. 320 FOs who were on property when the 190 came aboard and didn't bid 190 CA will have to wait until the fence comes down to bid again for 190 CA if they wish.

Clear as mud?

Hey new guy, YOU get back into the books! I'm DONE with training!:D

Well, at least for now. I'll have to hit the computer again here in a couple of days to prep for IOE.

For those waiting on the call, good luck and try to occupy your time with things that will keep your mind off of the telephone. I know, easier said than done, but as soon as you can forget about the telephone it will ring. I promise!

I hate to hijack the thread, but I have an interview question. Any thoughts on how they feel about electronic logbooks? I have logbook pro and have all my flying in it. Just wondering if I should print all 330 pages or fill in my paper logbook. I will, of course, bring my paper logbooks with all my sign-offs.

Interview June 15th.

Thanks

We all just got an email from DB that Jetblue will probably be hiring into the A320 again starting in Aug and every month after that. I hope that helps ease some of the bad news that has come down the pipe.

Stillflyn

Hello All,

Keep those phones close, I hear Verna is on the loose! My friend Rick, a fellow pilot at my airline just got his call today! Verna offered him a 190 class on July 19 or he could opt for the 320 pool with an indefinite class date. He chose the 190. Good luck to everyone!

Got a call from Verna today! She told me I successfully made it through Phase 2 and am now basically in a pool for a class most likely in August. She said the 190 classes are full between now and August and they will not run another Airbus class until Sept. or Oct. She didn't offer a class date, but said they should be able to give plenty of notice before a class.

Good luck to everyone, the calls are coming.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back