• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Buehler?

Buehler?

Buehler?

Anyone? Buehler?

OK, dudes, Monday afternoon and no word. I had REALLY hoped I'd hear from Verna over the weekend. Considering their preference for allowing everyone 2 weeks notice I'd say the chance of getting into the class on the 10th is getting slimmer than a Soho model ( but if you're listening Verna I'm a contract employee and can leave with a polite phone call!). And with that knowledge goes all the ensuing implications.

Does anyone know if the class in full?

Caveman said:
O.k, don't shoot the messenger. Here's some updated info straight from the source. May 10 is the last A-320 class for a while. The E-190 will continue 2 classes per month with 5-10 per class. May/July interviews still on track. Instead of getting the good phone call and a class date you'll get a good phone call and be put in a shallow pool and assigned to a class at the first opportunity. If the E-190 is your thing, there will be little change to whats going on now. Get the call, go to class. If you really want to wait for the A-320 the 'official' gouge is it will be towards the end of the year. 'Unofficially' the outlook is a bit more optimistic, but for now 'officially' that's the way it is. This was all from memory so if anybody else was there this morning, feel free to correct any mistakes I made. One last note, all the May 10 Airbus slots have been filled. Again, don't shoot the messenger.

Vastly:

According to this the May 10 class is full.

FJ

The May 10th class may indeed be full, but then again, maybe not. Caveman posted his message on the 27th regarding that particular class being filled. Bernice called me the next day, the 28th, and offered me a bus slot on the 10th. So, who knows for sure... Good luck to all, I'm hoping everyone gets called ASAP.

2Wheelz,

You mentioned when you got the call, she offered a June class. Did she say when that June class was starting? I wonder if they are going to skip a May 24th class.

Ring phone, ring.

Last edited:
Hello March interviewees. I'm still keeping an eye on ya. I see you're coming up on nine weeks. Don't fret too much. This is right around the time I got my call. This is a great place to be. Don't believe all the crap you read on this board about JB's financials. Everyone's feeling the heat. Since, for some reason, people like to bash us on this board, the BS flows like wine. (And the women flock like the salmon of Capistrano.)

Hiring is continuing. Expansion is continuing. Aircraft acceptance is continuing. It's been a tough two quarters. Don't worry about it too much. You'll deal with this stuff no matter where you go.

I just finished my first oral exam and now I'm sitting here drinking a beer, listening to beach music and getting ready to head to the Ale House. Life is good. I hope to see y'all down here soon or on the line. I'll be the one in the Margaritaville attire.

Best of luck to everyone. A wise man once said, "Things in life usually work out the way they're supposed to despite our best efforts."

Pilotgolfer,

Yes, the choice I was given was the 320 on the 10th or the 190 in early June. I'm sorry, but I don't remember the date for sure, but I want to say it was June 7th. No mention was made of another May class. BTW, I have to agree with Fins Up: jetBlue seems to be a favorite target of the doubters. We as pilots will indeed have to deal with the pains of the industry wherever we end up. Keep the faith. Good things will happen.

Yeah, what wheelz said!!!

Or am I just an eternal optimist?

Internal Mental Ramblings

Applying the previous pattern of ground school, the june starts should be the 7th and 21st. July should be the 5th and 19th and August the 2nd, 16th, and 30th. Given the March interview numbers rumored in an earlier post (100 interviewed, 86 to phase II, and 75-77 offered classes) and the rumored future E190 class sizes (5-10 per class) some of us March hopefuls may not see class until well into August. Unless, of course, a great number who are called opt to postpone until the 320 becomes available later in the year or early next year. In this case those willing to go into the E190 (like out of work since June 05 me) may get a shot at earlier starts.

So Just how many will opt to postpone?

Ah, the money you say. Looking at pay scales and comparing two years of 320 F/O pay against 1st year E190 F/O pay added to 2nd year E190 captain pay(dangerously optimistic assumption) the latter yeilds a couple grand more. Still makes for a tough first twelve months.

If the phone rings and nobody hears it, did it really ring?

The latest intel I got was that The March interviews will fill classes up through July. The people interviewing in a few weeks will be looking at late July at the earliest. E-190 training will probably pick up in the fall when the first E-190 FOs are able to upgrade. Airbus training is in a holding pattern until the end of the year.

Kayman said:
Ah, the money you say. Looking at pay scales and comparing two years of 320 F/O pay against 1st year E190 F/O pay added to 2nd year E190 captain pay(dangerously optimistic assumption) the latter yeilds a couple grand more. Still makes for a tough first twelve months.
I would say that is an impossible assumption. I think lots of 3rd year 320 FO's will come flocking over to the 190 for a few more bucks and hang out there until the 320 upgrade comes to them. Looks to me like the progression will be 2 years as 190 FO, then 2 years as 320 FO, then 2 years as 190 CA, and if you are lucky, 320 CA around year 6. JBLU should prepare for some tought times getting good guys to work for $37 and $40/hr for the first year. Even the best company on Earth gets old when you have to visit the WIC office on a quarterly basis.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back