• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
50 more this year is a good start, when might the pool run dry? Something like 130 total.

I believe most if not all the hiring this year is for the 190. You'll probably get BOS 190, it's the most junior seat in the company.

Most junior 320 base is JFK, but you can hold BOS pretty quick, too. I was able to hold LGB in about 8 months or so on the 320, but if you go to MCO, FLL, or LGB you'll be junior forever and ever and ever and ever. I've been here over a year and I'm still more than 100 numbers from holding FLL and even further from holding MCO. However, that is mostly due to no hiring and no upgrades. That will move quicker once the movement starts again, but it takes longer to hold Florida than anything, and you'll be junior a long time. Most of the Florida and LGB guys live in base, and are firmly entrenched in whatever seat they are in, with little to no desire to upgrade and/or commute again. There's not a lot of movement there.

Long story short, you're going to be in BOS or JFK for a long time, unless you want to be junior forever. If you're called for class this year, you'll probably be BOS 190, maybe JFK 190. I doubt they'll do any 320 classes. The last 2 bids they have been trying to get people to move from the 320 to the 190.

Most of the Florida and LGB guys live in base, and are firmly entrenched in whatever seat they are in, with little to no desire to upgrade and/or commute again. There's not a lot of movement there.

I don't know why everybody think most LGB guys live in base.
I don't know about the Florida bases, but I just went line-by-line down the LGB pilot phone list.
Only 79 out of 217 guys list LGB/LAX as their closest airport. All the rest are scattered all over the west and commute.

Maybe that perception is part of the reason our pairing suck so badly.

Last edited:
How utterly F$&&%$ dishonest.

Your lies never end.
Well, a few years ago when we lost about 10% of the seniority list, they were hiring guys AT a MCO job fair. Took them right upstairs for the drug test, on the spot.
I commute on several regionals. I'm seldom asked about B6 hiring and never by the captains anymore.

Latest resources

Back