• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's gotta be a weird feeling not hearing anything for over a year and then getting a call!!

I gotta question:

Myself and alot of other very qualified pilots (furloughed) applied at the same time. Why did JB not just keep going through the apps that met the quals? Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna be ready with my finger over the mouse, but it is a bit confusing seeing them send out emails saying they are gonna dump the current apps. While at the same time they are interviewing right up to the window opening. Why not just ask someone like myself to update my app with some new times etc..?

Good luck to all those applying

I'm very sorry that you are furloughed, but are you current? This matters a lot to them, and could be a reason you are not being called.

I'm very sorry that you are furloughed, but are you current? This matters a lot to them, and could be a reason you are not being called.
I'm not sure being current is high on their list, unless that has recently changed. I know when they first began hiring last fall, there were a lot of guys that weren't current that were offered jobs, including one that was five years or so out of currency (not counting time running around in a 172).

I'm not sure being current is high on their list, unless that has recently changed. I know when they first began hiring last fall, there were a lot of guys that weren't current that were offered jobs, including one that was five years or so out of currency (not counting time running around in a 172).

True, but some of those guys didn't make it through the training. so, I think the company does consider recent flight experience.

It's gotta be a weird feeling not hearing anything for over a year and then getting a call!!

Why not just ask someone like myself to update my app with some new times etc..?

Good luck to all those applying

For me it was very unexpected to hear after such a long time. I was called about 2 weeks ago and asked a lot of questions, some about currency some about basic flight experience. They specifically asked if would need more than 2 weeks notice to show up for class. After the call I then updated my app and got a phone call 2 days ago.

Last edited:
Still current (about 400+ hrs since JB last opened their app. window).. But I do understand alot of pilots may not still be current...

I'd just assume with the number of apps they have that they could have called guys like myself and others who far exceed the mins..(perfectly clean record, education etc..) Seems odd they need to re-open a window, I'd guess they'll get the same applicants they already have on file. Then again it's their playground, they can do what they want..

Hope everyone slleps in, I'll be hittting the refresh button all next week!!

Still current (about 400+ hrs since JB last opened their app. window).. But I do understand alot of pilots may not still be current...

I'd just assume with the number of apps they have that they could have called guys like myself and others who far exceed the mins..(perfectly clean record, education etc..) Seems odd they need to re-open a window, I'd guess they'll get the same applicants they already have on file. Then again it's their playground, they can do what they want..

Hope everyone sleeps in, I'll be hittting the refresh button all next week!!

For those interested in future classes:

Sept 7 and Sept 21 classes look to be finalized. They havent announced the dates for the classes beyond #19-11, but it generally goes every two weeks. Im willing to bet all 320 slots will be for JFK and the 190 will be a good mix of BOS/JFK (they have been letting people chose whichever base they want in recent classes for the 190) Here is the info I could find about upcoming classes:

Class #18-11
Sept 7
6 E190
7 A320

Class #19-11
Sept 21
6 E190
5 A320

Class #20-11
5 E190

Class #21-11
6 E190

Class #22-11
11 E190

Class #23-11
12 E190

Class #24-11
10 E190

The E190 class scheduling seems to project out further than the 320, so even though there arent any projected 320 slots after class #19-11, they will add them before the classes are finalized. When I was in class a few months ago we were all sweating because it didnt look like any more 320 hiring was projected for the year, but since then there have been roughly 20 slots added, so no worries!

Starting with class #22-11 it looks like they are increasing the size of classes a bit, probably because the applicant pool is close to being drained, and when the app window opens on Sep 1 they will be interviewing and hiring ASAP for those classes.

There should be a system bid first or second week of September. That could and will change the airbus training schedule drastically. I have heard that it will add a fair amount of captains.

Last edited:
There should be a system bid first or second week of September. That could and will change the airbus training schedule drastically. I have heard that it will add a fair amount of captains.

Manager of flt ops confirmed the upgrades but its been a few weeks since the conversation.

Manager of flt ops confirmed the upgrades but its been a few weeks since the conversation.

Bids come out every 3 months, 4 times a year. First to second week of september is always when we are due for one unless they add a supplemental bid. Not at all a criticism, just adding to your statement,

Latest resources

Back