• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ive been here 4 plus years and I can do simple math. I can tell you that you are looking at a long time without seeing an airbus left seat if ever. With E-190 deliveries being cut those seats will also be taken up. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I assume you knew this before you came here?

Have to agree with you Sligo... The math doesn`t lie! Starting 5th year and am seriously considering 190 FO out of Boston. Heck!!!! IF and When guys like you and I upgrade it will most likley be on the 190. Might as well learn the plane now and finally enjoy a weekend off!

Of course I have to be a BUZZ KILL!!!! What are the chances of any of us still wearing blue shirts in 3 to 5 years? The math concerning M/A doesn`t lie!!!

In case anyone is wondering, here are the remaining firm Airbus orders with the first of the remaining aircraft being accepted 4Q 2011 (orders subject to change of course):

A320: 22
A321: 30
A320 NEO: 40 (starting in 2017)

Total Airbus firm orders remaining: 92

As of late, the company is capping the 190's at approximately 75 total. I don't have firm numbers on how many more 190's remain, but I believe it's in the ballpark of about 15 to 20 more. If that is the case, then we have firm orders for OVER 100 (possibly 107 to 112) more aircraft coming onto the property.

We currently have approximately 175 aircraft with somewhere around 2200 pilots (approximately 12 pilots per aircraft). If these numbers hold true, then we can expect to hire OVER 1200 more pilots. Again, these numbers are approximate (except for the airbus firm orders which are accurate), and this will undoubtedly take at least a decade to transpire. Also, history shows that the time frame for aircraft orders will also change.

In the airlines business, anything can happen, so take it for what it's worth.

Ski,

The way I understand it they are capping the total # of 190's at 75. Last checked the ops we had 43. leaving 32 more. We will take more than that to complete the order of 100 we originally got and dump the rest to someone like Azul. There will be no options exercized on the 190 unless they get them for free. Everything about this plane has cost more than expected. Currently aircraft going to heavy check are costing nearly double estimated cost.

thats a lot of new planes, where is the growth planned? Chicago? More out west?

Latest resources

Back