• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue ALPA drive

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you voted for JBPA then? An in-house would be a toothless tiger with money. Talk to the Air Tran guys. I'm not in love with ALPA but it's the only way to go IMHO. That said if you want an in-house, now is your chance to start one.

Wrong. JBPA would be an in-house toothless tiger w/ NO MONEY. That's why the company will start to support an in-house just as it looks like the Alpa drive is taking off. They want an in-house that wont have a war chest and decades of experience under it's belt. With an in-house everything is ala carte and will have to be paid for. Until a CBA is signed and ratified by a majority no one and I repeat NO ONE is required by law to pay a cent of union dues. After the ratification, only then is it considered a closed shop and by law everyone has to pay dues.

When an in-house gets voted in, the best thing a company can do is stall and get the pilots fighting each other over dues and direction of the MEC while nothing happens and the guys who do pay dues get frustrated and stop paying dues... eventually Alpa would be voted in but then you'd have all those dues and years wasted when it would've been much easier, smarter and financially savy to just vote it the best organization... Alpa. It has all the tools and the war chest from day 1 to help...

SWAPA only worked b/c Herb backed it... Herb is smart and understands the process and outsmarted his pilots by doing this... he kept SWA at sub-par wages for three decades under this plan only to surpass the Alpa carriers in post 9/11 bk courts while everyone was getting crushed except for SWA due to a shot in the dark that paid off... fuel hedges.

Facts fellas...

'tail

Last edited:
Regul8r....

Sounds like somebody got fired for doing bad.....ALPA can't defend stupidity, even at all costs.

I'm not going to line-item rebut my statements with you until you comprehend what I said......Barney Frank said it best....."it would be like debating a table!" Your SWA arguments are vague at best and tough to solidify your point.
Personal attacks on Flight Info? Well played! You, sir, must feel superior, huh?

I forgot about the WAR chest! And what of this coveted, highly lauded WAR chest? Does it indemnify the airlines from the confines and restrictions of the RLA?

Guys, if in-house unions are doomed from the get-go, how come we have SWAPA, APA, and the UPS Pilots union?

They don't make good fodder for all the ALPA propaganda.

(By the way, WAR chest sounds so COOL and SEXY! Nice marketing, guys!)

Last edited:
Wrong. JBPA would be an in-house toothless tiger w/ NO MONEY. That's why the company will start to support an in-house just as it looks like the Alpa drive is taking off. They want an in-house that wont have a war chest and decades of experience under it's belt. With an in-house everything is ala carte and will have to be paid for. Until a CBA is signed and ratified by a majority no one and I repeat NO ONE is required by law to pay a cent of union dues. After the ratification, only then is it considered a closed shop and by law everyone has to pay dues.

When an in-house gets voted in, the best thing a company can do is stall and get the pilots fighting each other over dues and direction of the MEC while nothing happens and the guys who do pay dues get frustrated and stop paying dues... eventually Alpa would be voted in but then you'd have all those dues and years wasted when it would've been much easier, smarter and financially savy to just vote it the best organization... Alpa. It has all the tools and the war chest from day 1 to help...

SWAPA only worked b/c Herb backed it... Herb is smart and understands the process and outsmarted his pilots by doing this... he kept SWA at sub-par wages for three decades under this plan only to surpass the Alpa carriers in post 9/11 bk courts while everyone was getting crushed except for SWA due to a shot in the dark that paid off... fuel hedges.

Facts fellas...

'tail

woops....toothless tiger withOUT.....simple typo

Best Post of the Year......hands down!!!:laugh:

If you're comparing it to marriage, then ALPA is a wife swappin' swingers club.

"Open your eyes. I'm talkin' 'bout wife swappin'."

Yea, well at the swapem club they pass out condoms. Right now JB pilots are bare backin hoe's hoping for the best. Eh, couldn't happen to me... 3times... could it?

If you're comparing it to marriage, then ALPA is a wife swappin' swingers club.

"Open your eyes. I'm talkin' 'bout wife swappin'."

Hey now.....Who's in it to win it??

Personal attacks on Flight Info? Well played! You, sir, must feel superior, huh?

You act as if a personal attack is new to this place, well, John MClain (Bruce Willis) said it best in the '80s "Welcome to the party pal......"

Tell me where the personal attack took place? Was it you who got canned? If not, then throttle back....If so, then stop disputing over how you got treated if you want privacy.

You want to fight without bringing a valid argument. It would be like debating a table.....no substance, no fact, just a lot of silence because you don't even understand what I'm trying to say.

Latest resources

Back