• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue ALPA drive

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Personally I am hoping SWAPA, but then again, I would be proud to join the AAviators!

Of course, either way, we will get hosed!

You act as if a personal attack is new to this place, well, John MClain (Bruce Willis) said it best in the '80s "Welcome to the party pal......"

Tell me where the personal attack took place? Was it you who got canned? If not, then throttle back....If so, then stop disputing over how you got treated if you want privacy.

You want to fight without bringing a valid argument. It would be like debating a table.....no substance, no fact, just a lot of silence because you don't even understand what I'm trying to say.
No animus here...just saw the comparison to a table is all and figured it was diverging down the typical FI path. Either way, I've seen many good people canned over what I would consider questionable circumstances. In many of those instances, ALPA's was the typical "we don't defend bad pilots". I don't hold ALPA accountable for it...******************** happens. But it does irk me when I see the ALPA chest thumpers espousing the same tired rhetoric about needing ALPA in your corner if that day comes. ALPA didn't do any favors for the guys/gals I've seen let go. And I'm not surprised either, what do you REALLY expect for 2% of your pay? Ron Shapiro as your defense attorney? You get what you pay for...

Back to my point...ALPA is all talk and hot air...a bunch of politicians, and bad ones at that. Not only that, but they're representing competing airlines as well! Isn't that a conflict of interest?

Stay in-house and rest assured that your Union is worrying about your best interests and your best interests alone.

Selective quoting is fun

Vote ALPA and we'll have a better BUF layover hotel? Is that really your sales pitch?

How about vote ALPA and have a contract, and a say, instead of the hopelessly mangled FSM debacle? Conveniently ignored that part didn't ya?

Stay in-house and rest assured that your Union is worrying about your best interests and your best interests alone.

Yet the in house effort failed...

Why?

How long will it take an in house union to become effective? Who at Jetblue would be the leaders of this in house union?

Is USAPA a good or bad example of going in house?

What would the dues rate be at an jetblue in house?

Last edited:
The Jetblue experiment is over.

You guys are sitting targets. Your own puppet committees are resigning. Time is not on your side to mess with an in house. If someone doesn't eat you in the next 18 months your management will probably farm out some of your flying (scope) to arrest your rising costs.

Unions are bitter sweet but I can hardly imagine a carrier in need of a CBA more than you folks right now. Stop hoping and hire ALPA already, you owe it to your family and your career to not take any more chances.

your management will probably farm out some of your flying (scope) to arrest your rising costs.
And arresting rising costs in order to keep everyone employed is bad in what way?

And arresting rising costs in order to keep everyone employed is bad in what way?

The is the problem with our version of capitalism....

it must either grow to keep cost down, and if that is not working.... say this decade... then cost must be slashed.....

on a planet with limited resources we need sustainability.....not an an unrealistic growth plan....

If someone doesn't eat you in the next 18 months your management will probably farm out some of your flying (scope) to arrest your rising costs.
Fear mongering aside...regionals (farmed out flying) account for over 50% of domestic flying. And this all happened with ALPA's oversight. What assurances do the jetBlue pilots have that their flying won't get farmed out with ALPA at the helm?

Fear mongering aside...regionals (farmed out flying) account for over 50% of domestic flying. And this all happened with ALPA's oversight. What assurances do the jetBlue pilots have that their flying won't get farmed out with ALPA at the helm?

As you probably don't know, the choice to trade scope for other contractual imporvements or protections was done thru membership ratification.....

Are you saying the jB pilots won't have MR and some force in ALPA will do what it has never done and give jb pilot scope away?

What kind of scope does the jb have now?

As you probably don't know, the choice to trade scope for other contractual imporvements or protections was done thru membership ratification...
Correct! History proves that ALPA hasn't been able to protect the pilots from themselves in the past...how will jetBlue be any different?

Latest resources

Back