• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the people like myself who have 0 part 121 PIC did you select "less then 1000 hrs" on your app. Was looking at my profile and it just says "no data available." Curious if I should have selected that. Technically 0 is less then 1000 last I checked.

I am wondering if JB's system views my app as incomplete since I didn't select it.

For the people like myself who have 0 part 121 PIC did you select "less then 1000 hrs" on your app. Was looking at my profile and it just says "no data available." Curious if I should have selected that. Technically 0 is less then 1000 last I checked.

I am wondering if JB's system views my app as incomplete since I didn't select it.

I'm no expert but I believe 0 is less than 1000. If you have less than 1000 then you would select the "less than 1000" box...If you had 1001 PIC hrs. you'd select the >1000 box....It's not a trick question. Pretty cut and dry IMO

Bri5150........I hope you do get a call for an interview. We all know that the invite is the biggest hurdle........but the turboprop only thing can be an issue........coming from a perspective of "in the know". Some....SOME......turboprop only guys have a problem with energy management. Screaming out of the sky at 340kias to get down, but they are way to fast for a speed restriction and thus taking 10 miles to slow down.....but then they can't get down and slow down. etc etc. For whatever reason, they are getting their a$$es kicked trying to get out of altitude.
There are not big windmills out there to "push-up" to slow you on a dime. We all know that in a TP, you can do 250 to the fence, and still get it in the touchdown zone.
You TP only guys can thank the few people that came here and struggled.
The training dept guys then look at the backgrounds of some of the "special cases" and see that the guy was flying Q's or SAABs at a previous carrier and say "Ah ha, that's the reason!"
The school house is so slammed, that it'll take a few days to get sim availability to redo a lesson or a portion of a lesson. It boils down to training dollars and time. They want to reduce the probability of increasing both.......

Bri5150........I hope you do get a call for an interview. We all know that the invite is the biggest hurdle........but the turboprop only thing can be an issue........coming from a perspective of "in the know". Some....SOME......turboprop only guys have a problem with energy management. Screaming out of the sky at 340kias to get down, but they are way to fast for a speed restriction and thus taking 10 miles to slow down.....but then they can't get down and slow down. etc etc. For whatever reason, they are getting their a$$es kicked trying to get out of altitude.
There are not big windmills out there to "push-up" to slow you on a dime. We all know that in a TP, you can do 250 to the fence, and still get it in the touchdown zone.
You TP only guys can thank the few people that came here and struggled.
The training dept guys then look at the backgrounds of some of the "special cases" and see that the guy was flying Q's or SAABs at a previous carrier and say "Ah ha, that's the reason!"
The school house is so slammed, that it'll take a few days to get sim availability to redo a lesson or a portion of a lesson. It boils down to training dollars and time. They want to reduce the probability of increasing both.......

Good post, thank you. This will all be a moot point real soon. It looks like I will be displaced to the 200 so I am sure the calls for interviews will just roll in after I get that type.:beer:

ok guys explain this one for me.... I looked at my "profile overview" on the website where it listed the previous times you have applied. (for me it was 12/10 and 09/11).... and then out to the right it would say "under consideration"...... I checked it today and the it still shows the apps but instead of under consideration, it is just blank...under consideration is gone. does that mean anything??? have I been rejected???

If you log into your JetBlue application you'll see some fine print at the top in grey letters, maybe this would explain what you're seeing:

"Thank you for your interest in opportunities at JetBlue Airways. As we receive a high volume of online applications, you will no longer be able to view your status in the process. Please do note that JetBlue's Talent Acquisition Team will only contact those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications AND are most competitive."

Bri5150.......I wish I could "pin" you now so you can get the interview (I'm not a PINS dude) instead of having to go through your "displacement" training, then get hired here just to go through training again.........it's a pain in the a$$, but that's the way it is for now.......

Latest resources

Back