• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I updated my application weekly and it seemed to work out well. Most of the guys I know here did the same fwiw.

Thanks,

Last year I applied (while on furlough) had all my recs. lined up etc... But shortly after I luckily found a job. Had to move and all that occupied a ton of my time. So everythijng else job related got put on the back burner for a long time. I'll be updating weekly for sure.

Beach Bummer, good to know.:beer:

Thanks for all the info. I don't mean to sound so "over eager" but JB fits in perfectly with what I want to do both professionally and personally.

Obscure question #3:

Regarding the background check..If you're absolutely positive you have nothing on your record. Haven't had any traffick violation in years. And never had any issues with traffic violations. All your recommendations and job info is in order. What, if anything in Phase II would stop an applicant?\

Just asking because if somehow I get passed Phase I, I'd want to start planning for the new job ASAP (moving, making flight arrangements, finding new place to live etc). And with nothing in my background I'd be pretty certain it shouldn't be too much of a problem to pass Phase II..But I'd hate for some obscure thing I didn't know about to foul it up...Like they couldn't get a hold of a rec. or could get a hold of an old job or something?

Last edited:
If successful do you get offered a specific airframe prior to class or is it done during indoc? Thanks

If successful do you get offered a specific airframe prior to class or is it done during indoc? Thanks

Day 1 of class you find out equip/base. They let the oldest pick first and go down the list from there

Thanks,

Last year I applied (while on furlough) had all my recs. lined up etc... But shortly after I luckily found a job. Had to move and all that occupied a ton of my time. So everythijng else job related got put on the back burner for a long time. I'll be updating weekly for sure.

Beach Bummer, good to know.:beer:

Thanks for all the info. I don't mean to sound so "over eager" but JB fits in perfectly with what I want to do both professionally and personally.

Obscure question #3:

Regarding the background check..If you're absolutely positive you have nothing on your record. Haven't had any traffick violation in years. And never had any issues with traffic violations. All your recommendations and job info is in order. What, if anything in Phase II would stop an applicant?\

Just asking because if somehow I get passed Phase I, I'd want to start planning for the new job ASAP (moving, making flight arrangements, finding new place to live etc). And with nothing in my background I'd be pretty certain it shouldn't be too much of a problem to pass Phase II..But I'd hate for some obscure thing I didn't know about to foul it up...Like they couldn't get a hold of a rec. or could get a hold of an old job or something?

Not sure if we are still doing it but it used to be all Phase 2 names/previous companies got posted at the bases. If you had problems somewhere (personality and/or professionally) before it may come to the their attention via an email from a current JB guy. It is also a chance to throw a recc at a guy you may not have known was applying. Again, not sure if this is still occurring as the dept that does the hiring has had a lot of turnover lately.

This practice is no longer practiced... we'd hate to discriminate in our hiring practice. Besides line pilots don't know anything about other pilots, FA's should hire all pilots. :puke:

As far as your phase 2 goes, put EVERYTHING down. If you got a ticket when you were 10yrs old on the farm. Put it down. I don't know how but they know.

Besides line pilots don't know anything about other pilots, FA's should hire all pilots. :puke:

Does this mean we get to pick which FAs get hired?? We could make that work! ;)

HA! If I were the king of the kingdom... the kingdom could be different.

Good idea though.

Does anyone know if the "internel rec. form" glitch is fixed? Are current JB pilots now able to submit the electronic recommendation form?

And if so where can I see who has done one thus far? I thought it would be under the "profile overview" but other than my downloadable stuff, there's nothing else yet>..

Hey Bent, the glitch is fixed, just submitted one an hour ago. I don't think you are able to see what recs have been done for you. The form we get say why or why not the applicant would fit at JB, so they probably don't want you to see if your rec is not reccing. Good Luck with everything.

Hey Bent, the glitch is fixed, just submitted one an hour ago. I don't think you are able to see what recs have been done for you. The form we get say why or why not the applicant would fit at JB, so they probably don't want you to see if your rec is not reccing. Good Luck with everything.

Thanks for the well wishes..And info on the recs..

My old app from 2010 was still in the sytem and somehow I was able to see those at one point. Nothing of substance, just the persons name, position, fleet etc.. No writings from the employee.. That was why I was curious... Probably best if I just get in touch with my internals again.Just hate to keep bugging them by being pushy.

Do you know if one was attempted over the weekend would it still make it in, or does the internal have to redo it now. (basically would the system keep the rec. and auto submit it when everything was fixed?) Not sure if you would know but maybe you do..

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back