• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am no expert, but something seems slightly off. JetBlue seems to be recruiting, interviewing and hiring very aggressively. Yet some guys are complaining about the bid divisors being low and I don't think the next deliveries are until next year.

It "seems" like they are getting ahead of themselves. I am not implying they are making a mistake, I am wondering if there is something that is not public yet in the plans.

But, I will be the first to admit that I could be completely wrong. Either way, hiring is good.

From what I've heard,,, they are trying to be proactive with the new flight time and duty rules and want to have the appropriate staffing model in place by late this year.

From what I've heard,,, they are trying to be proactive with the new flight time and duty rules and want to have the appropriate staffing model in place by late this year.

I have heard that a little as well, but JB has mostly short duty days and mostly long overnights. Not sure how much they would be affected.

Hours are down for the fall. Watch the bid divisors go up when flying picks back up in November / December.

Very good question!!!! Why are we ramping up so quickly while the rest of the carriers are still movings at a snails pace to recall, hire etc???

Good question... Projections are for 7-10 aircraft per year for the near future, so lets assume 10 a/c optomistically. Currently we are around 2300 pilots and 164 a/c(according to APC), which is about 14 pilots per aircraft. 10 new aircraft per year would be 140 newhires per year and we are projecting 250-300 pilots? Is my math off?

10 new aircraft per year would be 140 newhires per year and we are projecting 250-300 pilots? Is my math off?

Looks good to me. This company planned for 110 pilots leaving this year voluntarily. That's with almost no one else hiring. 140+110=250. We were told this number in recurrent back in January. Imagine what that 110 number will look like in 2 years when retirements start hitting everywhere else but B6.

No one is hiring and they're OK with 5% of the pilot group leaving voluntarily....how's that for a "destination carrier"?

Just so I make sure I have this right...

The U of M is a step above a state school. A state school being publicly funded, by definition.

Where does University of Phoenix fit in this ladder. It is online, but has the magic "University" word in the name. Is that only half a step below? Where do the "Colleges" fit into this scheme (i.e. Boston College). I am fascinated by this higher education hierarchy...that my University for some reason never taught me.

How many schools are in the Big Ten?

Just to be clear-I would rather live somewhere else than MInnesota-at least 50 other places I can think of right now. As for the schools discussion- I will not get into it too much since it seems to be a touchy subject for those who did not go to a traditional major University-if I have to explain it to you-you were obviously fooled by the ones who sold you your cheap education. I know the difference as I have an associates degree as well-looked into both online and smaller state universities.

But on to the hiring-so they called during the 10 days the window were open? Or who was called lately-did they apply before this window was open? Just curious as my recs just went in the system

Just to be clear-I would rather live somewhere else than MInnesota-at least 50 other places I can think of right now. As for the schools discussion- I will not get into it too much since it seems to be a touchy subject for those who did not go to a traditional major University-if I have to explain it to you-you were obviously fooled by the ones who sold you your cheap education. I know the difference as I have an associates degree as well-looked into both online and smaller state universities.

But on to the hiring-so they called during the 10 days the window were open? Or who was called lately-did they apply before this window was open? Just curious as my recs just went in the system

Ok. So now you are smarter than the rest of us because you have an Associates degree? This keeps getting better and better.

They probably haven't called you yet because you are obviously over qualified with your Associates degree and Big Ten degree. Dave is probably worried you are trying to take his job. He is pretty smart you know, he went to a Big Ten school.

Ok. So now you are smarter than the rest of us because you have an Associates degree? This keeps getting better and better.

They probably haven't called you yet because you are obviously over qualified with your Associates degree and Big Ten degree. Dave is probably worried you are trying to take his job. He is pretty smart you know, he went to a Big Ten school.

Crash-you are a tool-are you at JetBlue? Because I sure hope you are not. You totally missed my point-and if you are messing with me-good job-if not, I stand by my original statement that you are a tool. This thread was about people being excited about a good opportunity at a good company-you made it into something else. take your high school antics and go elsewhere. I know that JetBlue interviews and offers employment to a wide range of applicants including those with or without PIC, various schooling backgrounds and experience levels. They are judged individually at the interview and just hope you do not have a bad day on the day of the interview. Oh and I will also add something else to your idiotic rhetoric-I also have many years of service to our country as stated on my resume showing my dedication to our country-show your jealousy and put that down. why don't you stop judging others and try looking at yourself and how you are acting

You missed his point completely, he's smarter than the rest of us because he has an Associate's degree AND a degree from the U of M. That's six years of college. One more, and he'd be an M. D.

-are you at JetBlue? Because I sure hope you are not.
I also have many years of service to our country as stated on my resume showing my dedication to our country-show your jealousy and put that down.

I am not sure if you are trying to say... that I am jealous of your military time or your schooling, but I am not jealous of either...I am not sure how your service got inserted into this, in fact in a post above I said I was not questioning anything about your service.

Am I messing with you...kind of.

Here are some excerpts of what you wrote:

But one would think that almost 5500 total time, and almost 1300 PIC-BA from a big ten school and 14 years in the army would make it so I would hear something.

I was just saying that an education from a University (big ten-was said to give an idea what school it was) is a step above other types of education

oh god did I just say that the University of North Dakota has an excellent program?

I will not get into it too much since it seems to be a touchy subject for those who did not go to a traditional major University-if I have to explain it to you-you were obviously fooled by the ones who sold you your cheap education.

You got on a public forum asking advice about JB, presumably from current crewmembers and applicants alike. You stated that you believed that the fact you have a degree from a University/Big Ten school should assist in attaining an interview...you didn't say a "degree" or "BA/BS", you specifically mentioned a Big Ten degree.

I used to do airline interviews and it sometimes hard to get out of that mindset when someone inquires about working at your airline. At interviews people say all sorts of dumb stuff...they are nervous and it just gets blurted out, it is to be expected. As the interviewer you give them a chance to fix it...you give them a shovel and see where they go with it.

Some guys realize their mistake and fix it, no big deal...some guys dig themselves a hole they can't get out of. It usually occurs when talking about past/current employers or the infamous tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker question. I never had anybody advocate that their schooling was superior to others based on the conference or title of their institution. If they had, I give them just enough rope in terms of follow up questions to see if the really believe what just spewed of their mouth or if it was a simple nervous blunder.

You seem to believe what you are saying. I would strongly suggest not doing so in an interview scenario. You have a four year degree from an institute of higher learning ( just like 99% of everyone else interviewing that day), leave it at that. I might be impressed with a degree from Harvard, but the guy from Harvard knows he doesn't have to tell me to be impressed. Believe it or not some pilots and many HR type people like to see the particular institution you disparaged on a resume. Also at Jetblue, there is a very good chance the interviewer would have attended that particular school.

Here are some pointers if you do get the interview:

-The pilot interviewing you wants to know if he could stand to sit next to you for 6 or 7 hours. It is a character/leadership assessment, not a pissing contest

-You are as qualified as anybody else in the room, by this point you know how to fly an airplane, thus no sim. No superiority complex or sense of entitlement, please

-Your military service will lend to many great interview stories, however, at Jetblue, they tend to focus on Customer Service (at the airlines) questions, have some ready, use your military stories for leadership questions

-If you left one regional for another have a good reason, especially if the regional you left has a notoriously hard upgrade and you left without trying. Most interviewers would rather have you try and pink slip than leave out of fear of upgrade. They know which regionals these are. Have a good explanation.

Hope you get the interview and do a good job, given your background there is a chance we've flown together. There are not any guys that I can think of that I flew with at that airline (if I'm right) that I wouldn't want to fly with again. Guess I'll find out when they post the Phase II candidates.
Again, seriously, good luck...this is for the most part a good place to come to work.

BTW- I went to a traditional "University" and got two degrees for my money.

Latest resources

Back