• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know a couple of guys that got hired without internal recs and flight times between 2-4k Total and No TPIC. Again, JB is a company that doesn't hire based on logbooks, internal recs, etc.

Good luck!

Just curious if anyone knows what sort of protections would be in place in case of a buyout or merger? I know all this doesn't really matter until they offer you a spot in a class but lets say in 1-2 years from know American pulls the trigger or Delta buys JB. And all they really want is the turf at JFK/BOS and the future Airbus orders but for whatever reason they don't want the pilots. Could that happen or would there be some sort of deal to integrate the JB pilots or at least staple? Another question, supposedly with the 5year contract you sign they aren't supposed to furlough you in that 5yr window. So if things get really tough do they furlough out of seniority (furlough the 5 year guy thats contract it up)?

The river boat gambler in me sees a lot of potential opportunity at JB and it looks like a great place to work. At the same time in the short term there might be a little more stability at this particular regional.

I was just trying to find an answer to the first paragraph, as for the rest I know life is full of tough choices and first of all you have to get hired, and number two you have to have the stomach to take the chance.

I know a couple of guys that got hired without internal recs and flight times between 2-4k Total and No TPIC. Again, JB is a company that doesn't hire based on logbooks, internal recs, etc.

Good luck!

That is the exception, not the norm. I have had friends apply for years without a call, within 5 days of throwing a rec in their file they got the interview. They will tell you to recommend people you explicitly trust to be a good fit for a reason. Letters of rec absolutely matter!

In my halfway semi long time in this industry (pre-9/11 anyways).. I have never not seen it be as a "who you know" industry...

Of course people always get hired without knowing someone. But it is statistically proven that those with connections get interviews at a faster pace. Aviation or not....especially in this day and age. But I agree getting the actual job is about the person not the recs..

Case in point: Have a friend that spent maybe 3 years total at a regional, upgraded quick (luck of the draw) and went to CO at the age of maybe 26 or 27.....He did have a friend who's dad was a check airmen at CO, and actually flew the 73 sim beforehand just so his buddies dad could recommend him without any doubts..

I have no doubt if you have contacts it does help atleast a little bit.

Just curious if anyone knows what sort of protections would be in place in case of a buyout or merger? I know all this doesn't really matter until they offer you a spot in a class but lets say in 1-2 years from know American pulls the trigger or Delta buys JB. And all they really want is the turf at JFK/BOS and the future Airbus orders but for whatever reason they don't want the pilots. Could that happen or would there be some sort of deal to integrate the JB pilots or at least staple? Another question, supposedly with the 5year contract you sign they aren't supposed to furlough you in that 5yr window. So if things get really tough do they furlough out of seniority (furlough the 5 year guy thats contract it up)?

The river boat gambler in me sees a lot of potential opportunity at JB and it looks like a great place to work. At the same time in the short term there might be a little more stability at this particular regional.

I was just trying to find an answer to the first paragraph, as for the rest I know life is full of tough choices and first of all you have to get hired, and number two you have to have the stomach to take the chance.

Well, as of right now we have more than 1100 pilots who doesn't care about their future career and decided to vote NO to have ALPA represent the pilot group and get some work conditions written down on a legal CBA.
Instead we have management who can change work rules at any given time, remove or change ALL our benefits at any given time, and a management who are the only one who will have a say in YOUR pilot future if we are bought or merged with anyone else. We have a PVC group "negotiating" with the company without ANY LEGAL RIGHT TO DO SO.

What else do you need to know.....

Well, as of right now we have more than 1100 pilots who doesn't care about their future career and decided to vote NO to have ALPA represent the pilot group and get some work conditions written down on a legal CBA.
Instead we have management who can change work rules at any given time, remove or change ALL our benefits at any given time, and a management who are the only one who will have a say in YOUR pilot future if we are bought or merged with anyone else. We have a PVC group "negotiating" with the company without ANY LEGAL RIGHT TO DO SO.

What else do you need to know.....

Didn't you know that when you went to work there?

That is the exception, not the norm. I have had friends apply for years without a call, within 5 days of throwing a rec in their file they got the interview. They will tell you to recommend people you explicitly trust to be a good fit for a reason. Letters of rec absolutely matter!

FWIW, Just had dinner with the B6 system chief pilot and he said they don't even look at the internal recommendations until after the application has been screened and have been considered competitive. By competitive, he said some interview classes have an average of 4500 hours, some have an average of 10000 hours, but recency of experience is a big factor. Throw in your app and see what happens as I think a lot of it is luck of the draw.

So if you buy a used car with flat tires, do you get new ones or try and fix it?

So why would you buy a used car with flat tires?

You're saying that you went to JB to make some change??? Did you tell them that in the interview? I bet not. Well, what if no one else wants what you're selling? That's all I'm saying.

On a different note..

Anyone heard about how many apps they have received?

Mine went in afternoon of the 1st...

Would they typically start with app #1 and work their way down from there, eliminating un-qualified apps. And possibly granting interviews to more qualified maybe? (by qualified I mean 7000+, mostly turbine, mostly glass, little low on the TPIC but still around a 1000TPIC....)

Basically, as a qualified guy with many recs. and an early time stamp on my app... Are the chances increased with getting it in early among a thousand or more apps?

Latest resources

Back